I just started with Evernote and I am using Skitch at the moment.  I saved my Skitch to Evernote, but I can't figure out how to paste my Skitch from Evernote into an email without it being an attachment.  I want to paste it in the body of the email, not an attachment.  Rookie question, but any help you can give is appreciated.  Thanks.

• Level 5*

I would think that that would be between you and your email program, right? What OS are you running on,and how do you do this sort of thing normally?

I didn't think it would have anything to do with Outlook, which is my email.  I simply want to paste a snapshot I made in Skitch to my email.  I saved the snapshot I made in Skitch to my Evernote.  Now I want to paste the snapshot into the body of my email in Outlook.  Just wanted to know if there was a quick way to do it.

Are you on windows or Mac?

In your outlook preferences, or perhaps in the compose window, or if you right-click an attachment, you might be able to select whether the image is "inline" or shown as an "attachment" or "icon", or something to that effect. 

Also, what happens if we take skitch/evernote out of the equation. Drag the image to your desktop, and from your desktop add it to your email message. What is the result? 

• Level 5*

Well, you didn't say what you would do normally when pasting from another program, but this would seem to be the standard thing. If you have your note with the image handy, assuming that the image is not an attachment in the note, you right click on the image, and select Copy. Then in the body of your email in Outlook, you right click somewhere, and select Paste. I don't use Outlook any more, but that worked fine in Thunderbird. If Outlook handles pastes differently, then that's nothing to do with Evernote.

Also, I have found that outlook doesn't seem to do well with images right in the body of the text, but does fine when you include them as an attachment.

To do that, you would first need to save a copy to your hardrive as one of the standard image files - .jpeg for example, and name it while doing so. Then when you open a new email, click on "Attach File," locate your newly named & same image file and Select it as the attachment.

I thought it would be something simple like drag and drop.  I can certainly change it and save as a jpeg, etc.  I was hoping it would be easy.  I'll keep playing with it and see what I can do.  I also use Snipping Tool and that is really easy.  You just size a piece that you want to copy and save it right into the email.  That, however, doesn't have the highlighting, pencil, and other tools that Skitch does.  I need Skitch and Snipping Tool quite a bit in sending out emails to clients.  Snipping Tool is very easy, but not as creative, but Skitch is very creative, but doesn't appear as easy to use.  I thought Evernote would be an easy bridge.

Yeah, sorry about that. I liked Hotmail a lot more that Outlook. I don't know if Skitch is part or all of the problem, or has nothing to with it at all. It's just the my experience after Microsoft forced Outlook on us and killed Hotmail, is that it really doesn't like pics in the body of the test. Seems to even have issues with simple clipart somtimes!

Though it's entirely possible thatt others have had more success with Outlook than I have.

I thought it would be something simple like drag and drop. I can certainly change it and save as a jpeg, etc. I was hoping it would be easy. I'll keep playing with it and see what I can do. I also use Snipping Tool and that is really easy. You just size a piece that you want to copy and save it right into the email. That, however, doesn't have the highlighting, pencil, and other tools that Skitch does. I need Skitch and Snipping Tool quite a bit in sending out emails to clients. Snipping Tool is very easy, but not as creative, but Skitch is very creative, but doesn't appear as easy to use. I thought Evernote would be an easy bridge.

• Level 5*

Skitch doesn't seem to allow you to make a selection in an image and doesn't seem to be usable as a drag/drop source, but you can certainly temporarily crop an image, copy that to the clipboard, and paste it elsewhere, and the undo the crop (I just did this to make sure). You can also drag an image from Evernote and drop it into some other location. I don't see copy/paste as being any less simple than drag/drop, but your mileage may vary. You shouldn't need to save it as an external file; if you do, then I don't understand something you're doing.

• Level 5

I thought it would be something simple like drag and drop.

There’s a little tab at the bottom of the Skitch window with a document icon. You can drag and drop the image from there.

Archived