Hit my data limit in June and it didn't reset this month

In June I hit my 60 MB data cap. My cap should have started fresh on July 7th or 8th but it didn't. My settings still say I have exceeded my limit and I have been unable to add notes to my account since late June. I have sent a request for help but four days later no one from Support has responded. I only have had an auto-respond message saying they got my request for support. I have deleted the app and re-downloaded it to see if that would fix the issue but it did not. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

• Level 5
Log on to your Evernote Web Account

www.evernote.com

Check your Account Summary

When does your Upload Allowance reset?

The number of remaining days is shown underneath the bar graph

In June I hit my 60 MB data cap. My cap should have started fresh on July 7th or 8th but it didn't. My settings still say I have exceeded my limit and I have been unable to add notes to my account since late June. I have sent a request for help but four days later no one from Support has responded. I only have had an auto-respond message saying they got my request for support. I have deleted the app and re-downloaded it to see if that would fix the issue but it did not. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

The refresh happens on the EN servers. Log into the web client & see how much available upload you have. Also, once it's refreshed on the EN servers, you must sync your computer/device so that it gets the most current available upload amount from the EN servers.

It's always helpful to mention what client you're using, when asking for help.

WRT support, premium users generally receive a reply within one *business* day, California time & free users as time permits.

I use my iPad for all my Evernote interaction. EN is downloaded on my iPhone and MacBook Pro but I really only use the MacBook for Scrivener, some email, and the Lightroom photo editing that I do for my business. I'm starting to think I should delete EN from the Pro since I never use it there. And I only use EN on the iPhone if I need to refer to something while on the go.

I had to look up what a "web client" was. So, as above, I assume my main web client would be my iPad. By googling other EN forum tips, after I posted here, I saw that somewhere I should be able to see how many days until the limit reset (as suggested above also). I didn't find anything about "days" on the iPad (only usage) so I explored the EN account information that is available on the MacBook app. It was there that I found what I was looking for. I wish the iPad had that info.

The Macbook account showed that my data is due to reset in 3 days (the 14th). This is surprising because based on the iPad app, my first interaction with EN was 5/8/10. I assumed my reset would be the 8th. So I will wait to see if it resets.

In the meantime, being closed out of EN led me to discover Web2PDF and Cabinet as a nice PDF storage app should I exceed my limit again. I will move those notes to EN when i can use it again. And I am happy to have found this forum for reference. I love EN and I want all my notes in one place but I am not yet at a point where I normally exceed my 60mb.

I appreciate this forum and the responses here as they have helped me to learn more about EN and I am crossing my fingers that I can begin using EN soon. I will not worry until I see what happens after the 14th.

Thank you for your help.

I use my iPad for all my Evernote interaction. EN is downloaded on my iPhone and MacBook Pro but I really only use the MacBook for Scrivener, some email, and the Lightroom photo editing that I do for my business. I'm starting to think I should delete EN from the Pro since I never use it there. And I only use EN on the iPhone if I need to refer to something while on the go.

I had to look up what a "web client" was. So, as above, I assume my main web client would be my iPad. By googling other EN forum tips, after I posted here, I saw that somewhere I should be able to see how many days until the limit reset (as suggested above also). I didn't find anything about "days" on the iPad (only usage) so I explored the EN account information that is available on the MacBook app. It was there that I found what I was looking for. I wish the iPad had that info.

The Macbook account showed that my data is due to reset in 3 days (the 14th). This is surprising because based on the iPad app, my first interaction with EN was 5/8/10. I assumed my reset would be the 8th. So I will wait to see if it resets.

In the meantime, being closed out of EN led me to discover Web2PDF and Cabinet as a nice PDF storage app should I exceed my limit again. I will move those notes to EN when i can use it again. And I am happy to have found this forum for reference. I love EN and I want all my notes in one place but I am not yet at a point where I normally exceed my 60mb.

I appreciate this forum and the responses here as they have helped me to learn more about EN and I am crossing my fingers that I can begin using EN soon. I will not worry until I see what happens after the 14th.

Thank you for your help.

The web client is accessed by logging into Evernote.com with a browser. You should do this on your Mac. That is where the true remaining amount is displayed. NOT in the Mac desktop client or the iOS client.

Thank you for your help.

The web client is accessed by logging into Evernote.com with a browser. You should do this on your Mac. That is where the true remaining amount is displayed. NOT in the Mac desktop client or the iOS client.

Thank you for the explanation of web client and for letting me know that the only really true info on the remaining data must be accessed there. Good to know.

• 1 year later...

Regarding above information, I have checked my allowance on the web server and it has reset as you say - but I cannot reset on my mac or my iOS devices. No amount of manual syncing (it should be automatic?) will make the "99% used - 0 days to reset" message reset. Any help please?

• Level 5*

Regarding above information, I have checked my allowance on the web server and it has reset as you say - but I cannot reset on my mac or my iOS devices. No amount of manual syncing (it should be automatic?) will make the "99% used - 0 days to reset" message reset. Any help please?

I have seen a number of reports like this, and it looks like some kind of sync bug to me.

You may want to report it as a bug.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

Archived