Android Auto-title pulls in name of current or upcoming appointment. Why?

In Android app with Auto-title turned on, I create a new note and the title of the current or most recent appointment in my google calender pulls in as the title of the note.  Why is this happening?  I love Auto-title but I liked it in previous versions when the first line of the note became the title.  Please advise.  Thank you.

Thank you.  I did switch it off and it solves the calendar title problem but I am hoping there is a way to pull in the first line of the new note.  I remember this happening in previous versions.  

Is there some kind of setting that is linking my calendar to EV?  I wonder how it knows to grab that appointment title.

Thanks again!

• Level 5*

No,  sorry - the 'grab anything' part means exactly that - I assume that's wrapped up in the permissions that you sign away when installing Evernote and its updates;  check your calendar your contacts etc etc.  There are no individual settings.

Thank you.  I did switch it off and it solves the calendar title problem but I am hoping there is a way to pull in the first line of the new note.  I remember this happening in previous versions.  

Is there some kind of setting that is linking my calendar to EV?  I wonder how it knows to grab that appointment title.

Thanks again!

The auto-title setting is the setting you are referring to. It is designed to grab calendar and location information to generate (hopefully) meaningful note titles automatically. 

Likely, the first time you launched evernote it asked for permission to access your calendar, which you granted. It probably also asked for permission to access your location which you may or may not have granted. It seems that Evernote tries to grab a calendar event, and if there is no event at that time, or no all-day event that day, it will use your location if you granted it access to your location. 

Archived