Search Help Needed

I'm trying to figure out the search syntax for locating all note in my notebooks (Personal and Business that I've created) that were created or edited within a certain date range (today, yesterday, last week, last year).  Is that possible? 

I'm currently on a PC but will be transitioning to a Mac within a month.

I'm trying to figure out the search syntax for locating all note in my notebooks (Personal and Business that I've created) that were created or edited within a certain date range (today, yesterday, last week, last year).  Is that possible? 

I'm currently on a PC but will be transitioning to a Mac within a month.

Created:YYYYMMDD

Gives the notes created on and after that date.

-created:YYYYMMDD

Gives the notes created before that date.

You can combine the two to get a date range.

More info here:

http://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php

That is helpful.  Thank you.  

At the link you provided, it says, "Evernote's search grammar is a simple list of terms which are evaluated within a notebook (or "all notebooks") to find a match."  Does that mean that I cannot limit my search to all notebooks I've created?  As a Business user, I have access to hundreds of notebooks shared by the business, but when searching by date created or edited, I'm often looking for just activities I've done.  Is it possible to limit it to just activities of a certain user?  I wasn't able to find that at the link you provided...unless I wasn't understanding it, which is entirely possible. :)

On the mac, when you click in the search bar, you can select "Everything" or "personal notes" from the little dropdown that appears. Selecting "personal notes" will exclude your business notes. I'm sure Windows has the same. 

Yes.  It does have that feature, and I use it frequently, but sometimes I want to search in all my Personal notebooks and Business notebooks that I've created, excluding Business notebooks that others have shared with me.   That's where I'm stuck.

...sometimes I want to search in all my Personal notebooks and Business notebooks that I've created, excluding Business notebooks that others have shared with me...

Ah yes, that's a bit tricky. I haven't played around business enough to know whether such a thing is possible, it may well be impossible at this point. If I come across something I'll report back as I play around a bit more. 

Archived