Font on copy/paste: unsatisfactory. Either paste content only or gimme control

When I copy content from elsewhere and paste it into Evernote, not only is the *content* copied, but also the *formatting*. That including, font-size, font-family, color, and everything else. All I want is the content. As I’ve noted in other posts here (and as I see for myself in the preferences), Evernote itself offers no user control over fonts. Thus I cannot alter the appearance of pasted content. I end up with some notes in 16px Helvetica, some in 8px Times, some in 12px Verdana…and on, and on.

I would truly appreciate a little help in this. A little consistency. All it would take, for example, is a Preference for pasting Content without Formatting!

• Level 5*

The desktop clients already support pasting without formatting. In Windows, you'd use Ctrl+Shift+V. On the Mac, I believe that it's Cmd+Shift+V.

Unfortunately, the possibilities you mention do not seem to be available on my iPad AFAIK. (Off-topic, FWIW: my iPad is my main squeeze even for website maintenance: the laptop comes out only for periodic updates, syncs, and backups.)

Well, there ya go!  I made an assumption.

Since you are talking about an iPad, with c&p, it is what it is!  I don't think you can change much at that point.  As much as I love my iPad, there are some drawbacks, and this is one of them.

Ah well, reckon I should’ve said. Sorry for creating confusion. Guess an iPad is a child device rather than a peer for Evernote purposes. Thanks.

Not sure what you are implying by saying it is a "child device rather than a peer for evernote purpose". I know when a User doesn't specify their platform, I generally ASSUME it is a desktop client, even though it could be the web client or any of the mobile clients. A little more than 50% of the time I am correct. 

Of course, this can be resolved by stating what client you are using right off the bat, then no guessing or assuming is required! 

To the topic at hand: 

On the iPad, In any note where you have elaborately formatted content, you can tap the ellipsis (the three dots) and select "simplify formatting". This should tone down the mess, though it isn't quite the same as going straight to plain text. 

Archived