Printable Tags and Notebooks Lists

zcbeach

Idea

I would love to see a feature on Evernote that would allow me to print a list of tags and a list of notebook titles. From my internet searching, this is apparently something that a lot of people want to be able to do.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

They must not be reading this forum then because a list of notebook titles (with active links if you want 'em) is easy to do.  Agreed that tags could do with a little more tlc - but click on the tag heading in the left window on any desktop and you can at least screenshot tags and incidence..

Gaz, I'm curious though, it looks like the OP is looking for a way to print the titles of the notebooks themselves, not the notes within a given notebook (which is, of course, really easy). 

How do you print a list of notebook titles. My suspicion is that you'd have to go the screenshot route for that too, as with tags. Maybe I'm mistaken? Maybe I haven't read the forum closely enough either!

• Level 5*

Hi Scott

You're right of course - my bad.  My speed reading threw me off at a corner again.  Seems I'm the one not reading carefully enough.  Though I have to say I lurk on a few forums (fora?  forumses?) and haven't ever seen someone looking for that...

However yes,  you're right again - you can list notebook names easily in the desktop version but you need to screenshot them for reference.

No worries, Gaz, you know that I am pretty bad for committing the same faux pas around here very often!

I too did a quick google search after you said it was possible and I didn't find many/any people looking for a way to print their notebooks titles. Of course, that doesn't mean it wouldn't be useful for the odd fringe case. 

To the OP:

From other discussion about printing the tag list around here, it looks like screenshot and print is the best way to go. Of course, it isn't a terribly good way to go, but its what we've got!

Here are discussions about printing the tag list that might help, and could translate into printing notebook titles:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/26414-howto-print-list-of-tags-not-currently-possible/

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/25004-howto-print-just-my-entire-tags-list/

• Level 5*

Actually this is a bit recursive,  but if you screenshot notebooks or tags,  merge the resulting JPGs into a PDF file (or print off and re-scan) and then OCR the merged results,  you'd get some editable output...

Or you could go the notebook minimalist route and just have a few...

:blink:

Archived