Pissed - Free account charged as premium

My account has been charged but I have  FREE account.  Nowhere can I find where I can speak to a person.  It says I can only speak to someone if I have premium account.  This is ridiculous.  Can someone please tell me who to contact to have this $45 charge removed from my bank?  How dare Evernote charge my account when it is free.

My account has been charged but I have  FREE account.  Nowhere can I find where I can speak to a person.  It says I can only speak to someone if I have premium account.  This is ridiculous.  Can someone please tell me who to contact to have this $45 charge removed from my bank?  How dare Evernote charge my account when it is free.

First, there is no way EN could have charged your account, unless you provided that information to them.  So it would appear you may have accidentally signed up for premium service.

Second, to dialog directly with EN, please submit a support ticket.  (See my sig.)  If you accidentally signed up for premium, they are very good at refunding.

Third, if you've been charged for premium & it shows you have a premium account...then you should be able to do a chat, no?  (irony:  I've been erroneously charged for premium & cannot chat with rep b/c only premium accounts have access to chat...???)

To clarify, I don't think it says ANYWHERE that you can SPEAK to an EN rep.  But premium users can chat.

Well don't you know everything ... NOT.

Here is my bank charge.  Here is a screen shot of my account.  It is FREE.  I try to chat and it says I can't because I am not a Premium Member.

DOH.

You know, if you were nicer, you might find more people wanting to help you.  Maybe...just maybe..you should re-read my post & leave your knee jerk reaction at the door. 

Good luck.

First, there is no way EN could have charged your account, unless you provided that information to them.  So it would appear you may have accidentally signed up for premium service.

Second, to dialog directly with EN, please submit a support ticket.  (See my sig.)  If you accidentally signed up for premium, they are very good at refunding.

Third, if you've been charged for premium & it shows you have a premium account...then you should be able to do a chat, no?  (irony:  I've been erroneously charged for premium & cannot chat with rep b/c only premium accounts have access to chat...???)

To clarify, I don't think it says ANYWHERE that you can SPEAK to an EN rep.  But premium users can chat.

It is unfortunate that your experience has been negative, I am keen to think that there must have been some user error involved here though, and it is possible you might not be aware of what that error is (otherwise it probably wouldn't have happened!). One thing that makes me think there may be some user error is that if you had no intention of purchasing a premium membership, it is unclear why you would provide payment information. 

I imagine you'll get your refund well before 45 days are up. I've received refunds from Evernote much quicker than that. I suspect this is an "under-promise, over deliver" type of thing. It may also be the case that SOME users have had to wait up to 45 days under certain circumstances (wonky banks or other alternative ways of paying or whatever), so they are covering their butts by saying this. 

I imagine you'll get your refund well before 45 days are up. I've received refunds from Evernote much quicker than that. I suspect this is an "under-promise, over deliver" type of thing. It may also be the case that SOME users have had to wait up to 45 days under certain circumstances (wonky banks or other alternative ways of paying or whatever), so they are covering their butts by saying this. 

I suspect that the time estimate is because that is what the standard is in the banking system. For some reason credits/refunds do not go through the system with the same lightening speed as charges. This is not controllable by merchants, such as Evernote, at all. They put their refund through and then it is up to the banks in between you and them. 

Archived