Unable to Install Evernote for Windows

hschwartz

I have been unable to install Evernote for Windows. Each time it gives me a message saying that I don't have access to this file:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER32\Software\Microsoft\Internet\Explorer\MenuExt\New Note

I'd be grateful if someone could suggest a way to resolve this problem. Thanks.

Howard Schwartz

That answer is equivalent to RTFM, which is highly unhelpful.  I have the same problem but I don't get an error, it just won't install.  I click on the install exe file and nothing happens: I'm forced to use the web version.

• Level 5*

That answer was to get more information so I could understand what you were seeing and possibly come up with a relevant suggestion.  You should probably submit a support request if you haven't already done so (see below). This is a user forum,  not the official tech team.

I have now been without EN for almost a week. I requested help here and also submitted a request to EN support. Support asked me to download Revo and remove EN completely, then reinstall version 5.2.1.3108. However, since EN removes itself when we install a new version, I HAVE NOTHING TO REMOVE. I can't install EN. Every time it gets stuck with this message:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER32\Software\Microsoft\Internet\Explorer\MenuExt\New Note

I have now brought this dilemma twice to support, who have not replied. There must be a way to do this. Any suggestions?

Howard Schwartz

• Level 5*

So support replied, then stopped replying? That's odd. You should know that they do not work on weekends, btw.  I'd keep at them, but if they don't get back to you on Monday, then report back here and we'll try to report this for extra attention.

BTW, Is that the whole text of the error message you're receiving?

Archived