Evernote - separating personal & business accounts

mattinsa

Idea

Hi there,

I am a premium account holder, and use Evernote primarily on my mac, as well as on iphone & ipad.

I house a lot of personal & business content in my account, but have had several unfortunate experiences recently when sharing my screen colleagues/clients have seen my personal notes which is a real problem for me.

I tried to have 2 separate accounts, and then switching between these but this became an issue when needing instant access to information and being logged in the incorrect account, and having to sync on a poor connection which fails and I am stuck.

Are there any best practises/links to smart ways of managing this issue?

Appreciate the help.

Matthew

4 replies to this idea

One way I see others do it is to have two accounts, as you had before, but share a notebook or two between them. This way, insofar as you can anticipate, anything you might need "instant access" to when signed into one account or the other will be in that shared notebook. So, you wouldn't put the love letter from your partner in one of those shared notebooks, but you might put an important travel confirmation number for a business trip, or whatever information you need to share between the accounts or have relatively swift access to. 

• Level 5*

Hi there,

I am a premium account holder, and use Evernote primarily on my mac, as well as on iphone & ipad.

I house a lot of personal & business content in my account, but have had several unfortunate experiences recently when sharing my screen colleagues/clients have seen my personal notes which is a real problem for me.

I tried to have 2 separate accounts, and then switching between these but this became an issue when needing instant access to information and being logged in the incorrect account, and having to sync on a poor connection which fails and I am stuck.

Are there any best practises/links to smart ways of managing this issue?

Appreciate the help.

Matthew

If you want to keep things simple and use only 1 account, you might try putting the notes you want to share into a separate Stack/Notebook.  I have a stack named "Shared", so it is clear that all Notebooks/Notes in that Stack are shared. 

If you want to take an extra precaution, you could also Tag each Note that is shared with a Tag named "Shared", or whatever makes sense to you.  Then, any Search you want to do while sharing your screen could include the term "tag:shared".  This would make sure none of your non-shared Notes are shown.

If you use the Stack approach, you could also use the Search term "stack:Shared".

Archived