Most annoying feature in Evernote?

CB314

Idea

I got the latest version of Evernote (5.5.0) when I upgraded my mac to OS 10.8.5. Overall I like it but it has one incredibly annoying feature/bug which I hope someone can help remove! 

When one creates a new post and starts typing a title then as soon as there is a minor pause (perhaps half a second) the system automatically highlights and selects the entire title and if you type anything else it will delete whatever was highlighted. 

I cannot think why this would be included as a feature but it seems a strange bug to have. I could imagine this would be a common annoyance if it is widespread but I couldn't find any discussion about it. 

Can one disable it? Is it a bug? Why does it exist? 

Thanks!

Bruce

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Curious... Mavericks is considered one of the most stable OSX releases since Snow Leopard in my tech circles. But back to the topic at hand, I just had this happen once... I'm waiting to see if I can catch it happening again. I would suggest contacting support - I will be doing so as well if I find it happening more than just the one occasion. Seems it's when Evernote tries to sync in the middle of a title edit, but I'm not sure. 

• Level 5*

I got the latest version of Evernote (5.5.0) when I upgraded my mac to OS 10.8.5. Overall I like it but it has one incredibly annoying feature/bug which I hope someone can help remove! 

When one creates a new post and starts typing a title then as soon as there is a minor pause (perhaps half a second) the system automatically highlights and selects the entire title and if you type anything else it will delete whatever was highlighted. 

I cannot think why this would be included as a feature but it seems a strange bug to have. I could imagine this would be a common annoyance if it is widespread but I couldn't find any discussion about it. 

Can one disable it? Is it a bug? Why does it exist? 

Thanks!

Bruce

Hi. I believe it is a bug that has been around for a long time now. I reported it a couple of months ago, but it is something I have seen for even longer.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/52393-evernote-for-mac-55-beta-5/?p=257258

I don't know of a solution, because you really cannot predict when it will happen. Sorry. I wish I had a tried and tested workaround. Perhaps creating a quick note will help you. The first line of a quick note becomes the title, so I guess it is less likely that your work will be deleted! 

http://blog.evernote.com/blog/2013/03/12/evernote-for-mac-update-save-time-with-quick-note/

Archived