WARNING! Notebook Exceeds 250

I recently surpassed the 250 notebook limit. (I didn't know there was one-my bad). I discovered as my app was not syncing with my online and android phone. I was told to do some type of crazy techy stuff that I knew nothing about. Then I was given a few more tips that would resolve it. I did all as I was told and still a problem. It is NOW going to level 2 to technical support. It was marked urgent and it's bee over 12 hours nothing...that doesn't bother me...what does...

WHY doesn't the system stop you from going over 250 if that's the limit?? It creates a BIG BIG problem if you do particularly if you have added much content when doing so. So Be warned! Don't exceed, you will be sorry. And for EVERNOTE, I would strongly suggest not allowing one to exceed the amount if it is that much of a problem correcting it.

No one could answer that question for me. Perhaps EVERNOTE can...

I love this product but I have spent HOURS in trying to get it resolved and still unable to correct it. While writing this, level 2 sent an email. The saga continues. If I get a solution I will post for those who pass the line of doom.

I recently surpassed the 250 notebook limit. (I didn't know there was one-my bad). I discovered as my app was not syncing with my online and android phone. I was told to do some type of crazy techy stuff that I knew nothing about. Then I was given a few more tips that would resolve it. I did all as I was told and still a problem. It is NOW going to level 2 to technical support. It was marked urgent and it's bee over 12 hours nothing...that doesn't bother me...what does...

WHY doesn't the system stop you from going over 250 if that's the limit?? It creates a BIG BIG problem if you do particularly if you have added much content when doing so. So Be warned! Don't exceed, you will be sorry. And for EVERNOTE, I would strongly suggest not allowing one to exceed the amount if it is that much of a problem correcting it.

I love this product but I have spent HOURS in trying to get it resolved and still unable to correct it. While writing this, level 2 sent an email. The saga continues. If I get a solution I will post for those who pass the line of doom.

There are a few threads already on the topic & many threads discussing tags/descriptive titles & keywords vs using a lot of notebooks. Please search the board in the topic.

AFAIK, you cannot create more than 250 synced notebooks. After that, you are forced to make local/non-synced notebooks. Once you reduce the number of synced notebooks, you can create more.

• Level 5*

It is something Evernote could look at (IMHO) - there are lots of limits and while I agree they're absolutely not targets,  they're "If you go past this point bad things will happen" amounts - there are no In Your Face warnings (AFAIK) if you get close to exceeding any of them.  You can be 'aware' having read the FAQs or a post in the forums,  but when you add that last 2MB PDF to your note one (late) night you may not realise that you just tripped the alarm.

I would urge Evernote to make the system more user-proof and give us all a warning at (say) 85% and 95% of any maximums.  It's actually cost-effective for them to do so - it'll save calls to Support about lost notes / lost content for those of us who suffer from "just one more scan and then bed" syndrome,  and comments here in the Forums.

I personally will commit mayhem on the first person who posts "why am I getting all these stoopid warnings about getting near my notebook/ upload/ email/ note size limits" though...

;)

• Level 5*

As Gaz said, there are a few limits you will want to know about when using Evernote. Here are some I have collected.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=169

it's been well over 24 hours and evernote level 2 has not responded. VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Premium accounts receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free account unts receive a reply as time permits.

Additionally, as I said before, AFAIK, you cannot create more than 250 sync'd notebooks. So what exactly is the problem you're experiencing? The normal fix is to combine one or more sync'd notebooks, then sync. Then you can create a new sync'd notebook.

I have a premium account and they still have not gotten back to me...AND it's been almost 24 hours...

I reached the 250 limit...there was no warning or anything..and if it creates such havoc, why don't they put in a warning?

I have deleted all notebooks to 160...redid all my notes...etc.. and it sill want sync. Apparently, it's never happened before and it's more of a challenge...As a premium member I don't the treatment. Why can't they get a person on line RIGHT away and resolve the issue of an unhappy customer. I love this product BUT I hate it when you get back customer service. If it were free, then it is what it is...

So frustrated now, don't know that  I will continue with the product, after telling 100s about it.

I hope corporate is reading these forums. But probably not, as no one has reached out to me...

Txs!

I have a premium account and they still have not gotten back to me...AND it's been almost 24 hours...

I reached the 250 limit...there was no warning or anything..and if it creates such havoc, why don't they put in a warning?

I have deleted all notebooks to 160...redid all my notes...etc.. and it sill want sync. Apparently, it's never happened before and it's more of a challenge...As a premium member I don't the treatment. Why can't they get a person on line RIGHT away and resolve the issue of an unhappy customer. I love this product BUT I hate it when you get back customer service. If it were free, then it is what it is...

So frustrated now, don't know that  I will continue with the product, after telling 100s about it.

I hope corporate is reading these forums. But probably not, as no one has reached out to me...

Txs!

I think you may need to log into the web client & delete some notebooks from there before the Windows client will sync. 

If you post your ticket number here, someone can flag it for EN's attention.

• Level 5*

Txs!

Have you tried Evernote chat? They can respond to you immediately. Otherwise, as BNF said, support may take a few hours to get back to you. Maybe as much as a day or two, especially if it is a problem requiring specialized technical knowledge. I know it can be frustrating, but please be patient.

If it were me, I would make sure I have backups (http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=962) and then take care of the problem on the Web, as BNF suggested.

I do have all the files backed up on my C drive, but I have no idea what and how to do with it...my hands are tied. I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm not a computer guru AT ALL, but I know enough, that if the crossing the line of 250 were an issue, tech nightmare, wasting techs time, I would have that put into place immediately. 

• Level 5*

I do have all the files backed up on my C drive, but I have no idea what and how to do with it...my hands are tied. I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm not a computer guru AT ALL, but I know enough, that if the crossing the line of 250 were an issue, tech nightmare, wasting techs time, I would have that put into place immediately. 

I can't disagree with that point. In fact, it is an issue that has come up in the past. A quick search of the forums found a discussion and potentially a solution (similar to what BNF proposed) for your problem.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/26719-howto-check-total-number-of-notebooks/

Archived