Evernote not responding on Kindle Fire

Hello,

I am running Evernote on my Kindle Fire HD. It's been running fine for a few months, and then last week it would freeze as soon as I opened it, and eventually I would receive the message "Evernote is not responding". I select the option to close it. 

I attempted rebooting the Kindle, same result. 

I uninstalled and re-installed Evernote, same problem again. 

I have not used Evernote for a week or so, and I thought I'd try it again today, same result, though eventually it started working. I don't trust it now. I don't see that anyone else has reported this. The version info says 5.7.1.

I am having the same issue with the same version. I clear the cache and it behaves but incredibly sluggishly and frequently just crashes. It also flashes some sort of error too quickly to read. I've lost count how many times I've uninstalled and reinstalled in the last few days to get it to work for me. This is my "go to" app for everything except really long term to do items and even then those end up as projects in Evernote! I went to show off the power of the app to a fellow bus rider the other day and it crashed on me!  :(  :wacko:

Help! This update didn't work for Kindle users well it seems!

Same here: I am getting the "Evernote not responding" error message all the time. About a week ago, Evernote stopped responding on my Kindle Fire. I uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote; I ever reset my Kindle Fire to its original factory settings. Evernote just hangs on my Kindle. Most of the time I doesn't open and when it does it freezes. 

Have recently begun having a problem with EN on my Kindle Fire HDX - I open the app, it's frozen.  Sometimes it blips off and returns me to the home screen, sometimes it just sits there.  Sometimes it unfreezes on its own, sometimes I have to turn the Kindle off/back on, then EN app works.  This is new - have been successfully and happily using EN app on Kindle for a couple years now.

And, no, I don't want to drag the computer out, boot up, just get to EN.  I really need the EN app to work properly all the time.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?  Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I also have a Kindle Fire HD, and suddenly the app is moving VERY sluggishly, to the point of being completely useless. (Unless you don't mind typing in one letter every three seconds, in which case it is working like a charm)

Surely Evernote is aware of this problem and has some input to offer. 

It is amazing to me that no one from Evernote has responded to this thread at all. 

Up till now, i have been a huge fan of the app and have recommended it to many friends. Now i'm not so sure. 

Evernote folks, please do respond. Thanks. 

• Level 5*

I also have a Kindle Fire HD, and suddenly the app is moving VERY sluggishly, to the point of being completely useless. (Unless you don't mind typing in one letter every three seconds, in which case it is working like a charm)

Surely Evernote is aware of this problem and has some input to offer. 

It is amazing to me that no one from Evernote has responded to this thread at all.

That's because this isn't an official support forum. You should open a support request for official Evernote support. See the link in my signature.
  • 1 year later...

Ditto.. I'm unable to sign on using the Evernote app on my Kindle Fire HDX whereas I'd no problem accessing Evernote on my Android-based Samsung S5. In fact, according to the information found in the Google Play Store, Version 7.0.7 of Evernote was updated today, August 20, 2015.

I'd no problem accessing this Evernote Forum via Evernote.com using the Silk Browser on my Kindle Fire HDX. The problem seems to exist within the app itself... has Evernote decided not write updates that'd include support of the app for Kindle Fire HDX platform users?

Is there a problem between Amazon and Evernote that's creating the access issues for users of android-based Kindle Fire HDX? Or was updating that portion of the Android-based app that impacts Kindle Fire HDX simply overlooked?....

Guess I'll be sending a note to the Kindle Fire HDX support team to find out with whom the problem resides - Amazon or Evernote?

Archived