Share local notebook between Mac's

swindmiller

Idea

My wife and I both have Mac's and have started scanning all of our bills and stuff into Evernote, there is alot of personal info so we do not want to have the notebook sync'd online. Is there an easy way for us to share one notebook? I setup a "watched folder" using Hazel and keep all of the PDF's on a server but now the problem is us each having to tag. It would be so much easier just to be able to share one notebook.

Thanks,

Scott

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  The only way to share information between two (or more) computers is through the server.  Local notes stay local to the one machine unless you physically snapshot the local database and transfer it to another computer - at which point the original and the snapshot start to diverge sharply and unusably if added to from different sources.  AFAIK there's no way to use Evernote for this purpose in the way you want.

• Level 5*

My wife and I both have Mac's and have started scanning all of our bills and stuff into Evernote, there is alot of personal info so we do not want to have the notebook sync'd online. Is there an easy way for us to share one notebook? I setup a "watched folder" using Hazel and keep all of the PDF's on a server but now the problem is us each having to tag. It would be so much easier just to be able to share one notebook.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi. As Gaz said, there is no easy way to do this. I can imagine a scenario with a local server, remote login, or exported .enex file on a thumb drive, but it doesn't sound very pleasant.

I am hoping we'll get encryption at the notebook level someday. At this point, I have my confidential notes encrypted in another app and use Evernote for the non-sensitive materials. In my case, I want to have access to the notes on my iPad.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=1605

Archived