Table Of Contents feature in Windows - Is it available?

rodmunch99

This knowledge base article suggests that the new Table Of Contents feature is available to the Windows version:

https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/38335338

However, I am unable to get this feature working at all (see screenshot). (I have upgraded to the latest pre-release version)

85ntrjS.png

There is no option to create a Table of Contents as shown in the knowledge base article. Is this a Mac only feature

Before Mac added the hard menu item (that you've screenshotted on the left right there) a TOC was achieved by selecting your group of notes, right clicking, and selecting "Copy Note Links".  You then paste those note links into a new note. Effectively the same thing.  Is this not available in Windows?

• Level 5*

Before Mac added the hard menu item (that you've screenshotted on the left right there) a TOC was achieved by selecting your group of notes, right clicking, and selecting "Copy Note Links".  You then paste those note links into a new note. Effectively the same thing.  Is this not available in Windows?

It isn't; I checked. Not even in the public beta. I figured it was a coming attraction, as the KB article changed recently, I think.

It isn't; I checked. Not even in the public beta. I figured it was a coming attraction, as the KB article changed recently, I think.

To clarify:

- The TOC note option is not available in Windows yet. (It is only a mac thing for the moment)

- Selecting Notes, Right clicking and selecting Copy Note links is possible in the Windows client.

So you can do it, but it is a little more manual.

That's what I figured, that the manual process for this is available on Windows.  I've also confirmed with the Windows team that the more polished option available on Mac is in the plan for Windows.

Thanks for the reply everyone. Because the KB article said the same thing can be done in Windows I was looking for the "Create Table Of Content Notes" button. At least I know that I am not doing anything wrong and there is a slightly more manual way to do this.

• 3 months later...
  • Level 5*

Right-clicking, copying note links, and pasting to a new note does not work.  Nothing gets pasted to the new note.

Just tried it in the Windows client. Worked fine.

Archived