Tag Search - Want to see mine added, not auto added

I am new to this. I took pictures of some layout/floor plan type things, so they include shapes and measurements (numbers). I have manually added my own tags based on how many shapes are in the pictures. However, when I go to search tags, I see the tags that I manually typed in, but also see pictures that contain that number in the actual picture (as a measurement) because they're highlighted in yellow and were automatically tagged by Evernote. How do I search only the ones that I added manually? I've looked on advanced search but that didn't really answer my question. What do I need to type in to get the proper search results?

• Level 5*

I am new to this. I took pictures of some layout/floor plan type things, so they include shapes and measurements (numbers). I have manually added my own tags based on how many shapes are in the pictures. However, when I go to search tags, I see the tags that I manually typed in, but also see pictures that contain that number in the actual picture (as a measurement) because they're highlighted in yellow and were automatically tagged by Evernote. How do I search only the ones that I added manually? I've looked on advanced search but that didn't really answer my question. What do I need to type in to get the proper search results?

Sounds like you might be doing a normal text search (e.g. on "12" rather than "tag:12"). If so, a normal text search also searches for matches in tags as well as in your note titles. So you will turn up notes with, say, a tag o f"12", but you'll also turn up notes that have "12" somewhere in the note content. In your case, evidently, that would be text that has been OCR'd from the photos you took and have included in your notes.

Thank you jbenson2 and jefito! I thought I could choose "Notes by Tag" in the dropdown menu beside the search bar and that specified what I was searching. I didn't realize I needed to type "tag:". It is working now. Thanks again!

One more quick question. Can I search for multiple tags at the same time? Say I want all items that I tagged with "5" as well as with "4". Can I type "tag:5" and then something else behind that to include all items that are tagged with both numbers?

One more quick question. Can I search for multiple tags at the same time? Say I want all items that I tagged with "5" as well as with "4". Can I type "tag:5" and then something else behind that to include all items that are tagged with both numbers?

The search function is your friend.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/52236-how-can-i-search-for-all-files-that-have-tag-a-or-tag-b-or-tag-c/

Archived