REQUEST: Open to last cursor position in each Note

I'd like to be able to open my notes to the position I was last editing them - I use multiple text notes for different purposes, and it would save time not having to scroll 20 pages down on some, or find a certain position in others each time I switch notes. I looked for the option in Tools, Options and was surprised it wasn't there (Windows), but I also use android. I would imagine functionality would be a preference per device.

Don

have a great day

• Level 5*

Hi Don - its a suggestion, certainly and the developers will take it on board as they do with all the feedback from the forums;  meantime though have you tried making separate notes?  If you had a tag for your various note subjects,  and simply made a short new note with that tag each time,  you could search for the tag (e.g. tag:diary) and sort notes by created date which will give you your timeline.  If you eventually need a single note,  you could merge them together.

• 3 months later...

I'd love to see this feature in any app (Mac/windows/iPhone) I feel like it's something very basic yet not implemented.

Using Evernote for months now and when I go from one to another note it is boring to scroll back and find the right position I was at.

This and some better format are important upgrades.

• 2 years later...

I'd like to support this idea. I appreciate the suggestion to use more notes, which would make sense, but the container model is limited to three levels, Stacks, Notebooks, and Notes, and sometimes that's not enough to organize things. Furthermore, it's difficult to maintain sequence within a Notebook, since there is no way to lock the note order. One way I get around the cursor problem is by opening notes in standalone windows, which allows me to bounce back and forth without re-seeking position in each time, but this isn't very practical beyond a work session, and doesn't work well at all for a large number of notes I may be referencing while composing a document. I'd like to see a global option to maintain cursor position, as well as an override at the note level. And while we're at it, it would be awesome to stack my notes in a deterministic sequence, like slides in a presentation deck.

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, sort3d said:

This feature would really delight me.  I constantly fight with this when switching between notes.

Does opening notes in separate windows help? This is an option for Windows users (not the feature that you want, I understand), and this is an Evernote for Windows subforum.

Thanks for the suggestion Jeff.  I have tried that but even then when I'm navigating notes in the right hand panel and forget to double click instead of single click, I constantly have to go back and find my place in my to-do lists.  A minor annoyance for sure, but I absolutely love the idea of this feature working similarly to the option in vim which always just surprises and delights me when the program remembers where I was last time.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, sort3d said:

Thanks for the suggestion Jeff.  I have tried that but even then when I'm navigating notes in the right hand panel and forget to double click instead of single click, I constantly have to go back and find my place in my to-do lists.  A minor annoyance for sure, but I absolutely love the idea of this feature working similarly to the option in vim which always just surprises and delights me when the program remembers where I was last time.

I don't know whether this is a problem for other Evernote clients, so I think that the best thing that you can do is to make a feature request in the Windows Desktop Product Feedback forum elsewhere (https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/224-windows-desktop-product-feedback/), so that it can be seen by that team (though the forum admins do patrol all subforums) and also voted on by other users so that there's some indication of user preference/support.

Yeah it's still something I would prefer myself as well, and really shouldn't be that hard to implement, even if it only saves per-OS.

I suspect about 50% of users would actually appreciate it if it was an option, even if there's only a handful of us who realise its "missing".

Don
Have a great day

• 1 year later...

Archived