How did I get this gift?

Hello, I was just wondering how I got a gift in my account like a month ago.

I attach an Evernote’s link with a snapshot of the description.

The explanation details are in the note.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s366/sh/e300476f-b933-44ac-8186-44292df3040e/f81b49c9f559a19018d269fcd183b60a

One last question, is there any chance that by clipping a note from my web account while I am logged with Evernote’s web clipper and then sharing that note like I have done now, put any of my information in risk? Like to say, my personal token or something like that? 

And one last last question, why is that shared note embebed in a really small frame inside another frame, both with a vertical scroll bar all inside a general also small Evernote Container instead of show a regular web page like what I see when I open the note in my web explorer? 

Thanks.

And one last last question, why is that shared note embebed in a really small frame inside another frame, both with a vertical scroll bar all inside a general also small Evernote Container instead of show a regular web page like what I see when I open the note in my web explorer? 

I don't understand what you're talking about here. Can you be more specific about what you're trying to do? And what are you referring to when you say an "Evernote container"?

It seems that there are 3 questions here:

1. Why did you get 120 points?

2. Does sharing a note like that reveal any personal information?

3. Why does the shared note look odd. (It is a longer note, why isn't it in a larger space?

1. I'm not entirely familiar with the points system, but it appears that you get rewards for doing certain things:

http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/24896962

For example:

You refer new users to Evernote by emailing a friend or posting a link on your website.

Activate a cell phone carrier promotion.

Activate a printed coupon code that is bundled with a product, such as Evernote Smart Notebook by Moleskine or a Livescribe Smartpen

Activate a gift card for Evernote Premium.

From what you describe it could be a product you installed, or something else. I think support may be able to tell you in more detail exactly how you got those points. Not exactly sure though.

2. It shouldn't reveal anything directly. Other than your username and the contents of said note, nothing else is revealed.

That said, there may be some things in the note that I would consider changing, despite not being hugely revealing.

I tend to remove emails, codes etc, even in partial form. There is also a link to your receipt. I don't think anyone can access it but you, but worth noting.

3. This is odd, none of my shared notes have this issue. How did you create it? Is it just a clip of the points page and then your added information?

Hello, thanks for the fast answer and sorry BurgersNFries for the confusing question,

Yes spg SCOTT it was exactly those 3 questions, 

1.Probably activating a gift card, thanks for the research.

2. Yes, I didn’t know if that was dangerous to share or not, I feel better knowing it is safe to share this way.

3. Ok, the steps I did are as follows, in Windows XP Professional with SP3, from Chrome with Evernote Web Clipper:

1. I saved it as full page,
  2. then I opened it in Evernote Desktop,
  3. delete some stuff
  4. then from Sharing options,
  5. select option of "Copy Note URL to ClipBoard"

I think it is because I took it in full page and then mess it up with deleting tables and stuff, I think it’s better to create a note from scratch or just save it from evernote Clip with just the article not the full page.

Thanks for everything, I think all my questions about this matter are answered.

Regards.

Archived