Starting over (account in a mess!)

My account is a mess.  Now that I have learned how to use it (after watching some tutorials- strongly advise) I want to start over.  I can't seem to find out anywhere where it is possible to add another account name.  I don't want another account, I just want to start again without loosing all my notebooks as they are.  I intend sorting through and copying into my new 'more organised' notebook stacks.  Thanks for any help.

• Level 5*

My account is a mess.  Now that I have learned how to use it (after watching some tutorials- strongly advise) I want to start over.  I can't seem to find out anywhere where it is possible to add another account name.  I don't want another account, I just want to start again without loosing all my notebooks as they are.  I intend sorting through and copying into my new 'more organised' notebook stacks.  Thanks for any help.

hi. welcome to the forums. i have a different suggestion:

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/47167-moving-content-to-new-account/#entry242643

however, if you really want another account, create one and share your notebooks with it.

• 9 months later...

1. Need help. Have Evernote on my Windows 7 PC from some years ago, but only have about 25 notes in it. Have been reading some good instruction books I found on Kindle & also took an introductory class at my library. Now, can't wait to begin again, properly.

In the beginning I made a lot of changes on the Evernote page & would like now to restore my Evernote copy to its original settings so I can set it up properly. How can I do that? (It looks different from what I see in the Evernote books.)

2. During the class at library, I set up a new Evernote account, using a secondary email address, different from above account. Just today I started installing it but I inadvertently said NO when it asked if I wanted to set it up on my PC. Now, it seems like I can only use the new account online.

I went to the Evernote download page and clicked to install it on my PC, but instead it found the original account (no. 1 above) and it updated that account to the newest version.

3. So, I would either like to be able to clean up the #1 account to begin again there, or else get the #2 program installed on my PC so I can begin with it.

I thought of just deleting #2, but it says that then I would never be able to set up another account using that email address.

Sure hope that someone can help me think all of this through!

Many thanks.

Archived