(Archived) Moving content to new account

I signed on to Evernote months ago and have a fair amount of content. I know I have things messed up, as far as organization goes. I have just started reading Evernote for Dummies. I want to start from scratch, learning how to use Evernote to its optimum capacity.

I would like to start a new account and move my data over as I learn how to use the program. In my first stab, it does not appear to be an easy thing to do.

Any advice. Much of my content is not available anymore to get from an original, again. For instance a scanned memo, or notes to myself.

Advice?

Thanks

Randy

I signed on to Evernote months ago and have a fair amount of content. I know I have things messed up, as far as organization goes. I have just started reading Evernote for Dummies. I want to start from scratch, learning how to use Evernote to its optimum capacity.

I would like to start a new account and move my data over as I learn how to use the program. In my first stab, it does not appear to be an easy thing to do.

Any advice. Much of my content is not available anymore to get from an original, again. For instance a scanned memo, or notes to myself.

Advice?

Thanks

Randy

It's very easy.  Export to enex from one account.  Import to the second account.

• Level 5*

Advice?

Thanks

Randy

My advice would be NOT to move it. Create a notebook called "archive," go to All Notes, select everything (CMD + a on the Mac), and (following the dialog box that appears) move everything to archive. After that is done (it may take a few minutes to process and sync), delete all of your notebooks and tags and start over. Depending on how many notes you have, it probably won't take more than five minutes total.

I have suggestions for organization here:

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=367

There are also lots of great sites on the web for getting set up:

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=446

I'm with GM on this. Exporting all your notes, then importing them into a new account is going to burn a whole account's worth of upload and not really gain you anything.

Good luck with your full scale reorganisation!

Archived