Is it possible to downgrade to an earlier version?

• Level 5*

I hate the new version on my iPad, and unfortunately I did not keep the earlier version since I never thought about downgrading before.

Can anybody help?

Tons of thanks!

Hi. I don't believe there is a way to do so unless you have an old copy of the app. If you have been backing up your iPad to your computer and you have Time Machine running (highly recommended) then you might be able to recover it, but I suspect it would involve a laborious process of wiping your iPad, installing from the backup, saving the old version of the app, and then installing the new version (or the newer backup).

Anyhow, I wouldn't be surprised if the old version will work properly with iOS7, so I'd stick with the new version.

I hate the new version on my iPad, and unfortunately I did not keep the earlier version since I never thought about downgrading before.

Can anybody help?

Tons of thanks!

Hi. I don't believe there is a way to do so unless you have an old copy of the app. If you have been backing up your iPad to your computer and you have Time Machine running (highly recommended) then you might be able to recover it, but I suspect it would involve a laborious process of wiping your iPad, installing from the backup, saving the old version of the app, and then installing the new version (or the newer backup).

Anyhow, I wouldn't be surprised if the old version will work properly with iOS7, so I'd stick with the new version.

Thanks GM for the reply.

So disappointed by the new iOS version:

1. too wide margin

2. navigation pane limited to awfully small area with large area dedicated to no use

3. extremely shortened tag names (EN team think that people are adding tags like a, b, c ...?)

This version of EN also performs very badly on the Mac (OS X 10.7.5)

Very Slooooooooooooow to merge pdf's. Takes forever to delete the unneeded individual pages after merging.

This version of EN must be faulty/buggy.

If not for the difficulties described above, I would also revert to the last version of EN.

The EN developers need to get this version fixed ASAP.

Maybe, just maybe (okay, I know - this isn't even a maybe and it's just a pipe dream at best) Evernote could release version 7A ("A" as in "alternative to the new version") or version 7B ("B" as in "before we screwed it up"). 'cuz, really - then I could again easily, quickly, and effectively use Evernote on my iOS device (iPhone 4S). As it is, I cringe every time I think about launching the App. I know I "have" to use it, 'cuz I have no alternative, but it is such a road block to productivity that I find I do whatever I can to avoid involving it in the process. This, of course, just diminishes the value of Evernote overall... or forces me to take my Laptop places I otherwise would have enjoyed the flexibility of the mobile App.

• 7 months later...

I succeeded in downgrading. I have an iPhone 4, which I won't replace until the new version comes out this fall. The phone has iOS 6. I have an iPad with iOS 7. When I updated Evernote via iTunes, the latest software loaded onto both devices. But that version didn't work on the iPhone. It wouldn't sync.

Here's what I did: on the phone, I opened the App Store and searched for Evernote. I clicked "Upgrade." It gave a popup that said the current version requires iOS 7. Do I want to download a previous version? I clicked yes and it loaded a previous version -- I think 5.4.3, but don't quote me on that.

But that version still didn't function. I needed to do some extra steps.

I opened iTunes on my Mac and went to the Apps tab and deleted Evernote. Then I synced the phone to the computer. It copied the old version of Evernote onto the computer. Then I deleted Evernote from the phone and synced it to the computer. Then, finally, on iTunes I clicked the button to load Evernote onto the phone and synced them.

After that I signed in the app, downloaded the data and it works fine.

Archived