Share an Evernote "Template" Notebook

J Shumaker

I am a teacher with a premium subscription.  I would like to share a notebook with my students, but I don't want them to collaborate on the notebook.  I want them to use it as a template and add their own notes.  How do I share the notebook without having them all work together on it?

All they would have to do would be to right click on the note you shared with them and copy it to a notebook of their own. They will then be able to edit it and add their own notes to it without it changing anything in your notebook.

I think it would be easier just to have each student start a new notebook, and instruct them to to create 3 notes in their notebook.  (I teach 7th grade, they could certainly do that).  I do have another question.  I was going to have each note be a research question.  Then have the students use the web clipper extension to find information pertinent to that question and place it in that note.  Again, I was not successful with that.  We are using Firefox and the add on for Evernote.  Any suggestions?

• Level 5

Then have the students use the web clipper extension to find information pertinent to that question and place it in that note.

The Evernote web clipper add-on does not find information.

It will only capture the information you have already found.

Also it will not clip the information into the existing note, but into a new note.

My preference is to use Evernote Clearly for most of my web captures.

I will use the Clipper if I need to limit the capture to a specific range of info.

I know that the web clipper doesn't find the information!  I meant find and then clip the information.  I want students to create a notebook.  Each "note" in the notebook would be a research question.  I would like them to find the information from websites and put that information into each note that the information pertains to.  For example.  The name of the notebook would by:  Cyberbullying

1 "Note" ---What is the definition of cyberbullying?

2nd "Note"--What are the dangers of cyberbullying?

3rd "Note"--What are some interesting facts about cyberbullying"

When they find information about the definition--it goes on the first "note".  Danger information would go on the 2nd "note", etc. When I've tried both the web clipper or clearly to capture information from the web---neither one will allow me to save the information from the web into the correct "note".

Archived