(Archived) My Evernote Stopped Working

rocketandwalker

Idea

Hey there, I am sure this is not the first post on this subject, but I wanted to see if anyone had found a fix or has any news about a fix.

The long and short, my Evernote stopped working on all my desktops. Two at work and one back at my home. Just suddenly, when I open them they start to sync, and then it just sits there. The usual, Application Not Responding, then a force quit is what I end up doing. 

Has anyone else had this issue.

Thanks in advance.

D

7 replies to this idea

Hey there, I am sure this is not the first post on this subject, but I wanted to see if anyone had found a fix or has any news about a fix.

The long and short, my Evernote stopped working on all my desktops. Two at work and one back at my home. Just suddenly, when I open them they start to sync, and then it just sits there. The usual, Application Not Responding, then a force quit is what I end up doing. 

Thanks in advance.

D

How long do you let them attempt to sync?  "Not responding" messages don't always mean the app is eternally hung up.  They can occur when the app is having to do a lot of work or you have several CPU hog apps running simultaneously.  In these cases, the apps will continue when able & complete the tasks they are trying to do. 

Thanks in advance.

D

How long do you let them attempt to sync?  "Not responding" messages don't always mean the app is eternally hung up.  They can occur when the app is having to do a lot of work or you have several CPU hog apps running simultaneously.  In these cases, the apps will continue when able & complete the tasks they are trying to do. 

I let it run for quit awhile. Even close everything out and let it go. 

Hi,

I have  OS X 10.8.5 (12F45). Evernote Version *was* latest from Apple's App Store - I now installed the version which is on the Evernote site - Version 5.4.0 (401989) - and the issue is gone.

Opened (and now closed) a support ticket.

Cheers
Martin

Archived