(Archived) What Is Latest EN Mac Version?

JMichaelTX

Idea

• Level 5*

What are the latest Evernote for Mac (EN Mac) versions, and where do I find the official thread for them that announces their release?

• Latest Production, General Availability version?
  • Latest Public Beta?
  • Latest Private Beta?

On ALL  my Macs, "Check for Updates" says "Version 5.3.0 (09/18/2013) build 401872", whether or not I have the "Update to beta versions when available" checked under Preferences.

However, I see user threads discussing:

• EN Mac 5.4.0
  • EN Mac 5.4.1
  • EN Mac 5.4.0 Beta  (GM says it is a public beta in the thread)

I've done numerous searches (as best I can with the very poor, crippled Forum Search) and Google Searches, and can' find any official announcements/releases AFTER EN Mac 5.3.0.

Sorry, but if I sound confused, it is because I am.  I've been on a cruise for the last week and have not been following Evernote (or much of anything else).  ;)

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

What are the latest Evernote for Mac (EN Mac) versions, and where do I find the official thread for them that announces their release?

• Latest Production, General Availability version?
  • Latest Public Beta?
  • Latest Private Beta?
On ALL  my Macs, "Check for Updates" says "Version 5.3.0 (09/18/2013) build 401872", whether or not I have the "Update to beta versions when available" checked under Preferences.

However, I see user threads discussing:

• EN Mac 5.4.0
  • EN Mac 5.4.1
  • EN Mac 5.4.0 Beta  (GM says it is a public beta in the thread)
I've done numerous searches (as best I can with the very poor, crippled Forum Search) and Google Searches, and can' find any official announcements/releases AFTER EN Mac 5.3.0.

Sorry, but if I sound confused, it is because I am.  I've been on a cruise for the last week and have not been following Evernote (or much of anything else).  ;)

Hi. The latest is:

Version 5.4.0 Beta 2 (09/27/2013) build 401936

• Level 5*

Thanks GM.

the EN Mac "Check for Updates..." is still showing 5.3.0.

(yes, I have "Update to beta ..." checked)

Is there a thread announcing 5.4.0 Beta 2?

Where can I D/L it from?

No threads lately. And no links as far as I know. If checking/unchecking doesn't work, then I guess all you can do is uninstall / reinstall the app. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to click the three different "check for updates now" options (one in preferences, one in the software update menu, and one in the help menu).

• Level 5*

GM, thanks again.  I'll just take this as a sign to NOT update to the beta, which I was going to do ONLY on my test Mac.

I'll just keep to my standard policy of NOT updating until at least 2 weeks AFTER the PRODUCTION version is released.

• Level 5*

We released 5.4.0 Beta 2 on the 27th. There are no current private betas. You should receive notice to update in-app if you have "update to betas" checked.

Thanks Jack.

Can you tell us what new features and bug fixes are included in the 5.4.0 Beta 2?

We released 5.4.0 Beta 2 on the 27th. There are no current private betas. You should receive notice to update in-app if you have "update to betas" checked.

Thanks Jack.

Can you tell us what new features and bug fixes are included in the 5.4.0 Beta 2?

Version 5.4.0 Beta 2 (09/27/2013) build 401936

Introducing Evernote Business 2.0

• Business Home makes your company smarter than ever

◦ Get to know your members of your business and learn about their recent activity by browsing their profiles

◦ Discover notebooks and notes published by your coworkers, find popular notebooks and top contributors

◦ Search and browse notes in every Business Notebook you have access to and preview notes before you join notebooks

• Expertise Discovery: searching your notes also displays related people and provides access to shared notes in your business

• Convert personal notebooks to business notebooks Other New Features

• Mark up images, PDFs and whole notes from within Evernote

Archived