(Archived) Feature request: Gmail integration

I've been using Gmail and the Google suite of web apps more and more in my workflow and would love to be able to email PDFs and other notes from Evernote directly, but apparently Evernote doesn't play nice with Gmail. So, I have to switch to Mail.app, which had become a pain. Any chance of being able to us ANY email client with Evernote?

Unfortunately, "gmail" isn't a mail client, it's a web site. The Mac client needs to put together a local email message on your computer, and then hand it to some other program on your computer. You could use Mail.app with IMAP + SMTP for gmail to send through your gmail account, but there's no good way for us to structure an email message that goes into your web-based mail service.

Unfortunately, "gmail" isn't a mail client, it's a web site. The Mac client needs to put together a local email message on your computer, and then hand it to some other program on your computer. You could use Mail.app with IMAP + SMTP for gmail to send through your gmail account, but there's no good way for us to structure an email message that goes into your web-based mail service.

(Note: not a programmer, don't know about specifics)

Could you have the "mail" button generate and follow a mailto: link? With Gmail Notifier you can have mailto: links open in Gmail.

Of course, I'm pretty sure mailto: only allows the body to be filled with text, but I think there are other scripts that would allow you to include attachments, inline or otherwise. Maybe something like this http://www.hotscripts.com/listing/attac ... ler-class/

Or perhaps Evernote could make use of Google Gears somehow. http://code.google.com/apis/gears/gears ... hatIsGears

Could any of those work?

• 1 month later...

Darn. This is exactly what I came in here to ask about.

Oh well, thanks for the answer, engberg!

Archived