Still random spaces?

Okay, so it was November of 2011 that Evernote was first informed that their mobile version of the app was stripping random spaces out of notes.

We've had literally dozens of new features added while this obnoxious bug continues to be ignored. Using my phone to correct one typo in a note interjected more than two dozen new ones. I've all but stopped using what used to be the most important app on my mobile devices.

I was about to purchase a full account in support of Evernote when I discovered this bug. I have been patiently waiting for you to fix it for almost TWO YEARS. You have made absolutely zero effort to do so. Why should I, or anyone, put money in your pocket? You obviously don't listen to the users.

Now we have Evernote developers giving us MORE insanity. Did anyone ask for announcement flags on the widget? No. Not one of your users has ever requested this "feature." We'd like the actual app to simply work properly, please.

Note that there is no setting to turn off these irritating flags. I don't need and don't want to be told that there's an article on how to use Evernote to manage a meeting. I'd be startled if more than three percent of your users needed that flag.

We KNOW where the announcements are. We have RSS readers if we want to get them. Stop clowning around and make your software work!

I've gone from writing novels on Evernote to simply using Google Drive. As much as I hate Google, at least their stuff actually works.

Stop rolling out new "features" that no one wants. Fix it. FIX IT!

The widget has now been uninstalled from my phone and my tablet. If the space stripping bug is not fixed by the end of October, the application will be removed as well.

I'd love to keep using it, but frankly, your software doesn't work.

You know, a competent development team might be a little concerned about that.

• Level 5

Well, your rant does not serve anybody and will not accomplish what you want.

EN developers are about the most attentive to user needs and wants as it ever gets.

EN developers have to juggle with a complex array of user requests, availability of ressources, feasability, cross platform viability, input from its foreign users, among others.

I think you underestimate the complexity of this.

I call BS. Evernote developers have demonstrated that they ignore their users needs by the example I have shown above. TWO YEARS ago they were told their software did not fulfill its primary function. Two YEARS they have had to work on this and they have refused to. They don't even reply to messages on the subject. Search the knowledge base. It's been brought up dozens of times and IGNORED.

I'm allowed to rant. I've written 120 thousand words of an effing novel in this software and I have to painstakingly transfer everything to another program... One that WORKS... because Evernote developers won't get on the ball.

They advertise this as allowing cross platform editing. It does NOT. This is a developer fail so epic it defies description.

So, kindly stop making excuses for them, and since you didn't provide a single example of their vaunted listening skills while the knowledge base contains two full years of examples of them NOT listening, I think I've won the Internet.

Tell the development crew to fix the bug. The only thing I want to hear from Evernote is "We are on it."

I meant what I said. If it's not fixed by Halloween, it's gone.

• Level 5*

I call BS. Evernote developers have demonstrated that they ignore their users needs by the example I have shown above. TWO YEARS ago they were told their software did not fulfill its primary function. Two YEARS they have had to work on this and they have refused to. They don't even reply to messages on the subject. Search the knowledge base. It's been brought up dozens of times and IGNORED.

I'm allowed to rant. I've written 120 thousand words of an effing novel in this software and I have to painstakingly transfer everything to another program... One that WORKS... because Evernote developers won't get on the ball.

They advertise this as allowing cross platform editing. It does NOT. This is a developer fail so epic it defies description.

So, kindly stop making excuses for them, and since you didn't provide a single example of their vaunted listening skills while the knowledge base contains two full years of examples of them NOT listening, I think I've won the Internet.

Tell the development crew to fix the bug. The only thing I want to hear from Evernote is "We are on it."

I meant what I said. If it's not fixed by Halloween, it's gone.

Hi. Could you share a note with us that has this problem, or provide an example? You might recall that I also had this problem with the app around 2011, and also requested that it be fixed. I haven't seen this happen in for a long time -- maybe a couple years now. However, I tend to do my heavy writing outside of Evernote, so I may have missed it. If you could let us know details, that'd be much appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Argh, this issue annoys me too!

Most commonly it strips leading whitespace from all my notes if I save them. Since this screws up my formatting, I rarely use the mobile app and have to stick with the desktop version. :(

• 1 year later...

This is still happening on the Mac desktop app when pasting in text that has leading spaces.

It happens even if I set the note to be plain text (found in the Format menu)

It also happens using the web app.

This:

{
    "entries": [
        {
            "end": "2015-04-29T09:00:00-07:00",
            "start": "2015-04-28T09:00:00-07:00",
            "user": {
                "color": "dark-orange",
                "email": "bhiggins@twilio.com",
                "id": "P6D7MOB",
                "name": "bhiggins@twilio.com"
            }
        }
    ],
    "total": 1
}
is stripped to this:
{
"entries": [
{
"end": "2015-04-29T09:00:00-07:00",
"start": "2015-04-28T09:00:00-07:00",
"user": {
"color": "dark-orange",
"email": "bhiggins@twilio.com",
"id": "P6D7MOB",
"name": "bhiggins@twilio.com"
}
}
],
"total": 1
}
That makes it so much more difficult to read.
This forum does not do it ironically enough.

Archived