(Archived) Searchable PDF moved from DropBox to EN

Hi

I am a new user to EN and need to transfer PDF's scanned to DropBox into EN. When I transfer files scanned on my computer from DB to EN they are searchable, but when I transfer files scanned on other systems from by my DB to my EN they are not searchable PDF's any more.

Am I not transferring the files correctly or does EN not have this functionality. (I use the free version of EN)

Thank you

• Level 5*

The scanning of documents from other systems may not have been done with OCR, but the ones from your system evidently were. If the PDFs from other systems contain bitmaps, then they may be able to be OCR'ed by the Evernote servers. See this article: http://blog.evernote.com/tech/2013/07/18/how-evernotes-image-recognition-works/. Note that any PDF OCR work may take some time, longer for free users.

Hi Jeff

Thank you for your response. It is interesting to note that when I transfer the same files that I could not make searchable on my EN account to an EN account on the computer where it was scanned then they are searchable. I also copied a .jpeg file with the PDFs to my computer and EN account and the .jpeg was immediately searchable?

The transactions were copied to my EN account 3 days ago. Not sure if I should wait longer or maybe try something else....

Thanks 

Hi Jeff

Thank you for your response. It is interesting to note that when I transfer the same files that I could not make searchable on my EN account to an EN account on the computer where it was scanned then they are searchable. I also copied a .jpeg file with the PDFs to my computer and EN account and the .jpeg was immediately searchable?

The transactions were copied to my EN account 3 days ago. Not sure if I should wait longer or maybe try something else....

Thanks

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/36489-pdf-searching-in-evernote-with-old-pdf-files/?p=228097

Archived