(Archived) Creating New Notebook

worddrawing

Idea

Forgive how ridiculous this question will sound, but I'm new to Evernote. The other day I managed to create a new notebook rather effortlessly. Today, I cannot do it. I click on the +button on the notebook page. Type in a name. Hit command save and it seems to be there. But when I go back to the notebook page, it is gone. What am I missing?

3 replies to this idea

Forgive how ridiculous this question will sound, but I'm new to Evernote. The other day I managed to create a new notebook rather effortlessly. Today, I cannot do it. I click on the +button on the notebook page. Type in a name. Hit command save and it seems to be there. But when I go back to the notebook page, it is gone. What am I missing?

What client are you using?

I'm using this on a Mac 10.8 OS. I think I'm realizing the problem. When I saved Evernote to my Applications folder and put it in the dock, each time I accessed it, it was opening up in its own page and was not the page that you would normally view when signing in. I started watching a tutorial and realized its page had notebooks and shortcuts in the left column, to the rght of that was a second column with notes, and to the right of that was a third column of words. After seeing the tutorial page, I accessed  EN through the web site and got a much closer approximation (minimal content since I just got started with EN).

So I either have to pull the icon off my dock and just accss EN through the web or figure out how to have the icon reflect the right screen page. Hope this meandering makes some kind of sense.

I have the same problem though probably with a different diagnosis.  I am using a PC (Windows 7, Chrome) to access

Evernote.  I need to create a notebook (folder) and I just don't see how to do that.  The only '+' I see on my screen says 'Note,'

and if I click on it a Note is what I get. That's it. What do I do?  Is this a PC thing?

Update:  I checked my iPad and the Notebook option is right there.  But now I see a larger issue:  my PC and my ipad are not

synchronizing.  This is  not good.  

Archived