(Archived) Change default database location on Os X

TM Belgium

Idea

Hi,

Does anyone know if in the near future It will be possible to change the default database location on Os X. This seems allready possible on Windows but not on Os X. I would like to change the database location to a TrueCrypt protected volume.

Thanx

Tm

5 replies to this idea

In many cases that quick answer would be appropriate, but in this case it isn't. If you try that search yourself within the forum, you'll see you won't find any relevant results, which is, I suspect, why TM asked the question. 

Windows users can change the location of their database using Evernote, but Mac users can't (yet). 

Google (outside the Forum) is more helpful. Here's an article describing how to move the EN database to an encrypted volume. It's from 2010, so the location it describes for the database is probably different than yours. And it's using Disk Image to create the encrypted volume, but I expect the procedure with TrueCrypt should be the same:

http://www.documentsnap.com/how-to-encrypt-evernote-on-mac-osx/

• Level 5*

True enough -- forum search is the first step, and the Google search is the fallback (and sometimes it's a better source, as it is in this case). Strangely, I find it surprising that I would need to suggest Google search to anyone in this day and age, maybe that's why I neglected to mention it.

Thank you Akimbo for your great feedback. The solution provided on your link worked great in 10.6. Last week I migrated to Os X 10.8 and installed the last version of Evernute using the AppStore. Now, the default data path is changed to ... ~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data/Library/Application Support/Evernote/accounts/Evernote/...

Does aynone know how I can change this default location to my secure/encrypted volume ?

Thanks

• Level 5*

Thank you Akimbo for your great feedback. The solution provided on your link worked great in 10.6. Last week I migrated to Os X 10.8 and installed the last version of Evernute using the AppStore. Now, the default data path is changed to ... ~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data/Library/Application Support/Evernote/accounts/Evernote/...

Does aynone know how I can change this default location to my secure/encrypted volume ?

Thanks

Hi. Here are instructions, along with a warning from a customer service representative that this is not supported by them, which I take to mean that if you run into trouble, there isn't much they can do to help.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/22174-moving-location-of-local-en-db/?p=112854

Archived