Calendar / Exchange Support

Hi

I have only started to use Evernote and find it a great tool.

I was wondering are there add-ons to work with Microsoft Exchange or device Calendars. I would find these two very useful features.

On the exchange side to be able to drag in important emails and import them to Notebooks as notes.

It would be great if I could link a note and a calendar event together so f I need to reference back to a particular meeting I can easily jump direct to my notes.

If these features don't exist maybe they could be considered for future development.

Cheers in advance of any help.

• Level 5*

Hi and welcome to the forums.

+1 for more calendar-related features;  they're supposed to be coming later this year,  but we've learned not to hold our breath around here...

The only effective email integration is via your Evernote email address - forwarding mails there will set up the note.  If you forward messages you can also set the notebook / title / tag details.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On the exchange side to be able to drag in important emails and import them to Notebooks as notes.

Have you tried the Evernote Outlook clipper (gets installed with the Evernote Windows application) for this?  I find that works well for this purpose.

It would be great if I could link a note and a calendar event together so f I need to reference back to a particular meeting I can easily jump direct to my notes.

If you take meeting notes in an Evernote note, and want to put a link to that note into your Outlook calendar appointment, you can right-click the note in Evernote, select "Copy Note Link", then paste that link into the body of the appointment item.

If you want to go the other direction - that is, put a link to the Outlook appointment in your Evernote meeting-notes item - you can use the free Linker for Windows tool which creates links to Outlook items that you can paste into Evernote notes.

• 1 year later...

Have you tried using the "Add to Evernote" button that's usually installed with the Evernote Windows application? The button is installed in outlook as part of the Evernote installation. It does a really good job of importing the calendar event and details along with attendees etc. I find it a very useful feature.

• 9 months later...

There may be a workflow that would be possible with our Evernote Calendar Connector recently added to the App Center. It creates calendar events for all of your reminders and keeps them in sync. When you clip the content, set a reminder for the appropriate time and it'll appear in your calendar with a link back to the note.

I've ended up with a nice workflow around train tickets which may have some parallels with meeting planning https://medium.com/@adambird/an-accidental-but-splendid-evernote-and-apple-watch-workflow-a3c93866645a

Archived