Feature request: notes in tabs

donmorrison

I've put this in the Windows category but it applies equally to iOS and Android. I use Evernote in all three OSs.

I would like to be able to have tabbed notes so that I could switch (and cut/copy/paste) quickly and easily between notes in different notebooks.

Probably easier said than done but I think it would be valuable to a lot of users.

• Level 5*

On a desktop you can doubleclick one or more notes to open them in new windows,  so you have the possibility of several windows - client / note 1 / note 2 etc;  and even the possibility of notes from different accounts if you use a browser version too.  That doesn't work in iOS or Android however - probably because of small screens!  I think that's something in the 'someday' category for when the guys run out of things to fix,  and nice new toys to add..

• 1 year later...

You could say exactly the same about browsers, "just open a new window" yet, do you know of any browser today that doesn't support tabs?

+1 vote for tabbed notes.

Yes I know about search and stacks but often I need to switch repeatedly between 3-4-5 different notes, a single click on a tab would be much preferable from having to search for them every time, or look for different windows.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Yes I know about search and stacks but often I need to switch repeatedly between 3-4-5 different notes, a single click on a tab would be much preferable from having to search for them every time, or look for different windows.

This use case can be handled using shortcuts.
  • 6 months later...

Shortcuts are static. Tabs are dynamic. As I wrote before: show me any current browser that doesn't have tabbed browsing.  Same for things like notepad+, shell clients, Office suites,  all apps have some form of tabbed interface, why is it so difficult to add to Evernote?

Archived