(Archived) Recording and sending audio?

Using the desktop version of Evernote:

1. Is there a limit to how long of an audio recording you can make?

2. Is there a limit to how large of an audio file you can send to others through Evernote?

3. What file format does the file get recorded in?

Thanks.

• Level 5*

You can attach an audio file recorded in any software to a note, so the length and format are entirely up to you. If you're talking about emailing a note to someone, the practical limit on size has to be the email system - I still regard it as rude to send an email of more than 1MB without checking with the target first. If you're sharing the note, the limit will be the maximum size of a note for your account - 25MB for free users, up to 100MB for Premium.

1. Can audio be recorded directly in Evernote, that is what I was initially referring to?

2. I would like to be able to record audio directly in Evernote and share it with people through Evernote. Does that mean with a free account the audio file can not be larger that 25mb if I'm going to share it with other people?

3. Is there a limit to how many 25mb audio files I can record and share during any given time? So if I want to share one 25mb audio file per day, can I do that?

Thanks!

1. Can audio be recorded directly in Evernote, that is what I was initially referring to?

2. I would like to be able to record audio directly in Evernote and share it with people through Evernote. Does that mean with a free account the audio file can not be larger that 25mb if I'm going to share it with other people?

3. Is there a limit to how many 25mb audio files I can record and share during any given time? So if I want to share one 25mb audio file per day, can I do that?

Thanks!

Give SoundEver a try. It works across all platforms and is fast and easy to use.

Regards,

David in Wichita

• Level 5*

Thanks!

Yup, you can choose new audio note, which on a Windows PC will save as a WAV audio file. You're limited to 25MB because of the note maximum size. Your note is going to upload, and you'll have a limit of 60MB per month - so 2 maximum size notes, and you're done. You can record more, but you can't upload or share them.

You'd have to keep to 2MB or less to record one per day - or join as a Premium member to increase your upload limit. Depending on the content, 2MB should be enough for a few minutes' recording. You'd do best to set up your (free) account and test this out with someone - they'll need to have suitable software (and Evernote) at the other end to play your file.

Archived