(Archived) Forget my encrypted text Password

No. The definition of true encryption is that the host does not have the password. If you forget the password, then you cannot decrypt the encrypted note.

is there any way to hack this password ?

the ways like brute force attack or .. ?

is there any way to hack this password ?

the ways like brute force attack or .. ?

Probably. But if you chose a decent password, it may take a while & a lot of cpu cycles. But I'm not a hacker & not in the business of teaching others how to hack passwords. I would also add Evernote would probably frown upon imparting this information on their board.

• Level 5*

I did something similar when I started out with Evernote - never found a solution, but simply set another password on the next encryption I created. The new password works fine on all encryptions since then - I deleted the notes that were locked with a different password. It was a pain, but a useful learning experience. Since I was encrypting personal data I had all the information, I just had to set it all up again.

• Level 5

For other Evernote users:

I store my Evernote account username and password in LastPass.

There is a "notes" section for each password where I store my encryption code.(just in case my memory fails)

For other Evernote users:

I store my Evernote account username and password in LastPass.

There is a "notes" section for each password where I store my encryption code.(just in case my memory fails)

Dear sir

this part of encryption is very important for me

it is the password of my truecrypt file :(

it is really important for me

if you other solution please help me

• Level 5*

I'm sorry but there's no way anyone can help you here - this forum is by and for users of Evernote. If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest contacting Truecrypt support to see if there's a way of recovering your password - though most serious encryption works on the basis that even the providers (Evernote, Truecrypt) will never be able to 'see' user passwords. That's why most of us use LastPass or some equivalent to retain the information.

Dear sir

this part of encryption is very important for me

it is the password of my truecrypt file :(

it is really important for me

if you other solution please help me

Like I said...

No. The definition of true encryption is that the host does not have the password. If you forget the password, then you cannot decrypt the encrypted note.

Neither the Evenote encryption nor Truecrypt can recover your encryption passwords. That would defeat the purpose of the encryption. I'm pretty sure TC mentions this when creating your container. Unfortunately, you're going to need to remember your password or give up on decrypting your Truecrypt drive. More info here:

http://www.truecrypt.org/faq

Archived