(Archived) EverNote on IPad Suggestion: make links working In edit mode.

michael.freidgeim

Currently in a view mode links are working. When it's changed in Edit mode- links can't be opened and user have to copy URL and then open it in browser.

Note, that changing edit mode into view mode is not available in the latest versions on IPad.

It will be good, if user have an ability (e.g on Tap on double tap) to open link menu with options "Open", "Open in Safari", "copy" etc.

Note, that changing edit mode into view mode is not available in the latest versions on IPad.

Not a solution at all, but I just noticed if you press "note info" icon and then somewhere outside of the menu, you actually switch to view mode without closing and reopening the note (at least on iPad). Although it does also scroll back long notes to the top.

I support the idea especially with long tap and option either to edit, open in browser etc.

• Level 5*

It sounds like a nice request, but I kind of doubt that it is possible for Evernote to do. When you first tap on a note you are in view mode, if you tap again you are editing, and to get back to view you have to close and open it again. I can think of improvements to this process (already suggested), but I think that is probably the extent of it.

Recently there was a thread in these forums why we need http: at the beginning of each link. I think it was closely related.

EN stores the content in HTMl, so there would be no technical difficulty in separating the target and actual link text (it is aleeady done partly for the internal links).

Then a separate dialog window activated through a long tap on a link (with actual link and link text) would be no brainer. Like for example in WordPress app for iOS. A. a short tap to follow.a link, long to display a menu with one option to follow another one to edit.

• Level 5*

Recently there was a thread in these forums why we need http: at the beginning of each link. I think it was closely related.

EN stores the content in HTMl, so there would be no technical difficulty in separating the target and actual link text (it is aleeady done partly for the internal links).

Then a separate dialog window activated through a long tap on a link (with actual link and link text) would be no brainer. Like for example in WordPress app for iOS. A. a short tap to follow.a link, long to display a menu with one option to follow another one to edit.

Evernote notes are a fork of XHTML, but I think when we are editing a note on the iPad there is another process (of which I know nothing about) that deactivates the links. These get reactivated when we view the notes. This is something that also occurs in other notetaking apps that enable links, so I am guessing that it is a limitation of the operating system. The only app I know of that handles links in real time is Pages, but that is so far removed from Evernote and XHTML that I think it isn't realistic to compare the two on the iPad

• 8 months later...

I really wish Evernote for iPad would fi these things:

1. allow us to take pictures and record at the same time.

2.allow us to draw on the Evernote with our typed notes, etc.

3. fix that when you have a recording on a bulletpoint and accidentally press the option on the bottom for bullet point it DELETES ALL OF THE RECORDINGS!!!! ugh made me so mad.. and no matter how many times i pressed the undo, my recordings wouldn't come back!!!!!!!

4. allow us to highlight our notes.

Archived