(Archived) search in text, with moving cursor to first match

jungjoon

hi there!

I'm newbie on evernote. but I'm loving it!

I usually do most jobs without mouse click. but when I search text in evernote. I can't avoid use mouse, so I'm so sad. :(

Suppose that I must find keyword 'MARK' and edit that point, I use shortcut "Ctrl-F", and find-box popped up, and input "MARK". as results, Found MARKs are highlighted, but, at that time, I press ESC to edit first occurence of "MARK", then, cursor is moved to the beginning of the note. I must click highlighted text with mouse to move cursor to search result.

Is there any shortcut (or series of keys) for "search some keywords, and move cursor to first occurence of results"?

• Level 5*

I wasn't able to find a shortcut that does this, unfortunately. Keyboard focus seems a little weird relative to search operations. I thought that the Ctrl+G shortcut (Find Next) would be useful, but even when you start with the note editor having keyboard focus, Ctrl+G sends the focus off to, well, basically nowhere, so that you can't type at the next found item. I think that it would be useful to tighten that up.

I wasn't able to find a shortcut that does this, unfortunately. Keyboard focus seems a little weird relative to search operations. I thought that the Ctrl+G shortcut (Find Next) would be useful, but even when you start with the note editor having keyboard focus, Ctrl+G sends the focus off to, well, basically nowhere, so that you can't type at the next found item. I think that it would be useful to tighten that up.

at first, thanks for your kind reply.

but, as you mentioned, it's not a complete solution for the issue.

Is there any plan for supporting for this on later version of evernote client application?

• Level 5*
Is there any plan for supporting for this on later version of evernote client application?

Couldn't tell you -- Evernote (I'm not an employee, mind) doesn't divulge their feature roadmaps.

Couldn't tell you -- Evernote (I'm not an employee, mind) doesn't divulge their feature roadmaps.

ok, anyway, this is my first question on this forum.

Do I need to close this thread? How can I do? Ican't find any button for close this topic.

Archived