Evernote with Special Education Students

mnsciteach

My students are using Evernote as their science notebook this year. At any time, they have the option of using a paper notebook and taking a photo of their written notes to place them in their Evernote notebook. Special education staff is insisting that I no longer use this in my classroom with my 7th and 8th grade students. I don't understand this since students have the option of using a paper notebook and the students in question say that they prefer using the electronic version, and are able to do so. Has anyone else used this with special needs students and ran into these difficulties? Any suggestions?

I, too, am curious why the SPED staff is asking you to no longer do this? I'm also curious what types of disabilities the students have? I actually present on using applications, such as Evernote, as an assistive technology accommodation for students that experience high incidence disabilities. I would love to know on what grounds the SPED staff would ask you to stop using Evernote, specifically for the students with special needs.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived