(Archived) Web Clipper in FF 15.01 Keeps Asking Me to Sign In

sullyblime

Hello,

This used to work fine. not sure what changed. But now everytime I click on the web clipper, it asks me to sign in. Even if Evernote is already open. So I sign in. It loads and then disappears. I click on it again and it asks for me to sign in again. So i can't send anything to my Evernote. Can you help? I tried reinstalling and doublechecked "send to web" in preferences. Should work, but isn't.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Hi Matt, welcome to the forum :)

Have you changed some of the cookie settings?

When sending to the Web, and logging into Evernote, it requires the ability to set a third party cookie to store the login.

If you don't allow this in your browser, then you see the constant login requests.

If this is the reason, I would recommend adding an exception for Evernote, rather than enabling third party cookies outright.

See:

https://www.evernote.com/pub/spgscott/evernote-help#b=ca136823-f4bd-45ef-9b71-4e942a351b16&n=7079c878-aa2f-4235-9b93-e33a6162bc61

Scott

I'm sorry, it appears as though I messed up the link, and posted the wrong one. I have changed it now to the right note, so you can see the options in Firefox.

Okay thanks. What address do I type in for the exception to work?

You just put Evernote.com in the exceptions box.

I do have cookies enabled (until Firefox closes). So I'm not sure that this is the reason.

Can you show me a screenshot of the settings page with the exceptions as well?

Scott

• 3 months later...

My system just prompted me to install the latest update, 4.6.1.7860 and now web clipper does not recognize me and doesn''t seem to know or accept my uname or pw.

I am running Win 7 sp1 and Firefox 18.

Web Clipper works fine when called from the icon in the toolbar, but if I choose web clipper from the FF tools menu, it asks me to sign in and that is where the problem happens.

Please help

Archived