phil UK

I have just installed evernote desktop to my asus netbook-but when I try to launch the program, It asks me to register a new account,and does not give me the option to log in with an existing account. I have an existing account which works great from my other computers.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling-Is there a limit to the number of machines i can install using one account?

Any Ideas anyone?

• Level 5*

I have just installed evernote desktop to my asus netbook-but when I try to launch the program, It asks me to register a new account,and does not give me the option to log in with an existing account. I have an existing account which works great from my other computers.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling-Is there a limit to the number of machines i can install using one account?

Any Ideas anyone?

Hi. Welcome to the forums. You are using Windows, so assuming you downloaded the latest build from the Evernote web site, you ought to get a login screen that shows two more options in the bottom-right corner. One is a login for those who "Already have an account" and the other is the "Forgot password" option. Do you see this?

As for a limit on the number of machines, I am not aware of one. There could be one that we don't know about. I don't believe the limit on shared notebooks is documented anywhere, but I think you may only be able to have 100 or so now. These unknown / little-known limits do crop up once in a while, but because at the most, even power users probably only have it installed on ten or so devices, no one is likely to ever encounter a limit if one exists.

Hi, thank you for your replies-here is a screenshot of the login option I am getting-there is no option to log in using an existing account.

It is the latest version from the evernote website.post-103477-0-31639800-1347134889_thumb.

I can log into my online account no problem-and also from my other computers ,which all have the evernote desktop installed.

Hope this helps

Try moving the window so that you can see the bottom, under the terms of service notice, there is an "Already have an account" button.

From there you should be able to log in.

Seems like the window is a fixed size, and cannot be resized, and so can end up with some elements off screen...

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s26/sh/03fd33b2-a7e0-4689-a8ce-d4d413424d44/bde7f962cc0f09e85a520e75dd5ed828

Thank you Scott-I have fixed it by rotating the screen in display settings-you were right, in normal display mode it was clipping the bottom off the login box, I think the box would be better wider and not as deep.

Thank you for everyones help!

You're welcome :)

Looks like Evernote need to look at how it runs on smaller screens. :)

The window is normally wider, though this doesn't contain anything other than info about EN. Not sure why you don't see it though.

Scott

Thank you Scott-I have fixed it by rotating the screen in display settings-you were right, in normal display mode it was clipping the bottom off the login box, I think the box would be better wider and not as deep.

Thank you for everyones help!

What resolution do you have for your screen?

dlu-I had the same problem on every resolution for my asus eeepc(there are 3 alternate resolutions)-I only fixed it using scotts idea, but then I had to rotate the screen,and then start the program.

If there is not enough room on the display It chops off the login box at the bottom.

As I said in my previous reply the login box needs to adapt to the screen size better.

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem, but it is NOT resolved by having a bigger screen -- I plugged my netbook into a larger monitor, but the window does not have ANY option other than signing in as a new user. I tried making a new, temporary account, but now I can't find a way to change accounts with the installed version. Help!

• 10 months later...

I have this problem and I can see to the bottom of the box, there is no option to log in, only to register as a new user. I registered on my ipod touch, then I downloaded Evernote for windows. I can't get past this box, and there is no place to login. Do I really have to uninstall and reinstall? Thanks.

Welcome to the forum :)

This is due to the length of the sign in window, and apparently the login screen doesn't handle smaller screens so well still.

There should be a bar at the bottom of the window, that says "I already have an account".

Another user in this thread managed to find the button by rotating the screen orientation, this may help.

• 1 year later...

Archived