(Archived) Encrypting text in a note

I've tried doing this from an iPad on the app and in Safari and it doesn't seem to work.

Encrypting text within a note is my number one wish for evernote and i want to be able to do it from the two main places i work with the program (ipad and iphone)

Is there a way to do that?

• Level 5*

I've tried doing this from an iPad on the app and in Safari and it doesn't seem to work.

Encrypting text within a note is my number one wish for evernote and i want to be able to do it from the two main places i work with the program (ipad and iphone)

Is there a way to do that?

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I am afraid this feature is not supported on the mobile clients.

OK, perhaps this would be an opportunity to explore this topic a little further. Encrypting text works well with EN if you are simply encrypting a single note or a few notes. For example, I encrypt notes that have passwords or sensitive information about credit card and banking accounts. I store most things within notes as pdf's and I can also have Acrobat encrypt sensitive pdf's in the same way that EN encrypts text. So now I have my sensitive texts and my sensitive pdf's encrypted. I also use Lastpass to access most websites and have assigned very complex passwords to most of these sites. I use Mozy to back up my computer each night and I do manual backups on hard drives that I shuttle between work and home (so there's a full copy in two places). Nonetheless, the report this weekend that a Wired journalist had his Amazon and Apple accounts hacked has me spooked. So perhaps this is a topic that we can explore further:

-I am not particularly concerned if someone hacks into non-critical accounts or websites ie: my cable provider, telephone company etc. The mischief that they can cause there is limited.

-I am very concerned about access to my credit card, banking and other financial files which can be used against me.

-I am somewhat concerned about access to my local Quickbooks, quicken, photos etc which are backed up by Mozy and external hard drive.

-I am MOST concerned by access to Evernote which contains ALL of my life's info.

Another source of concern is whether or not my secret codes which access my encrypted sites can be read by keyloggers. In that case, what would it help me to have these secret codes which are being accessed whenever I enter them into a box??

I'm very intrigued by sophisticated solutions such as truecrypt but am dreadfullly fearful of making my everyday computing into a complicated nightmare.

This topic has, of course, been broached many times before in other threads but perhaps this is an opportune time to collate all the info we have and to share techniques to protect ourselves.

Archived