(Archived) Unbelievably obvious omission!

TJ Watt

Idea

The fact I need to ask this question - that I searched here and elsewhere is no stupidly obvious and oversight I thought it worth asking...

The fact I NEED TO ASK is what is unbeleivalble - even though it must be here somewhere!!!!

Bleeding obvious question to follow, blindingly stupid that it isn't.....! II really don't think it's me at fault... I've ahem SEARCHED!

Why can't I search my notes!!!!!

Alt-cmd-F is stated in the Help as the search function - but nothing happens! No search field appears anywhere....

Putting search in the search function in the evernote.com site seems surreal but merely brings up the same reported function - that does nothing....

Surely this should be numero uno in obviousness!!!!

Agh!

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

The fact I need to ask this question - that I searched here and elsewhere is no stupidly obvious and oversight I thought it worth asking...

The fact I NEED TO ASK is what is unbeleivalble - even though it must be here somewhere!!!!

Bleeding obvious question to follow, blindingly stupid that it isn't.....! II really don't think it's me at fault... I've ahem SEARCHED!

Why can't I search my notes!!!!!

Alt-cmd-F is stated in the Help as the search function - but nothing happens! No search field appears anywhere....

Putting search in the search function in the evernote.com site seems surreal but merely brings up the same reported function - that does nothing....

Surely this should be numero uno in obviousness!!!!

Agh!

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

You have the correct keyboard shortcut for the Mac client (the application that you download), and the search ought to be working fine. I've got a screenshot of a search that I do all the time (http://www.princeton.edu/~cmayo/sort.jpg). Are you seeing a search field there in your toolbar? If not, then please send us a screenshot so that we can help you out.

Alt/CMD/F should move your cursor immediately to the search field in the top right of your tool bar. There's no dialogue, or pop up, or anything like that.

If you can't see the search field, then it was somehow removed from the toolbar. Go to View/Customize Toolbar and drag the search field into the area you'd like to have it on the tool bar.

Archived