(Archived) Problem with Chrome Web Clipper under OS X 10.8

larrymcj

Every time I go to a page for which I want to save the URL in Evernote using Web Clipper under Chrome I have the same problem. The Web Clipper opens, but it automatically adds a tag of "Evernote"...which I don't want on anything. Sometimes it will just add random tags...as I just now went to Fidelity.com (Investments) and opened Web Clipper. It pre-added the tags of "Golf" and "Taxes" and wouldn't let me delete them or add others. If I'm saving something in Evernote I think I know where it is. These unwanted tags have an "x" on them, indicating I should be able to delete them...but I can't. Clicking the x does nothing. So for every URL, page, or article I clip from the web I have to then go back into the Evernote desktop client and edit out the "Evernote" tag and add the ones I want.

Hi Larry,

We have a feature called 'Smart Filing' that automatically suggest tags and destination notebook based on your previous clips of similar content. However we have an unfortunate bug that causes the 'freeze' for some user, that you are experiencing.

We have a fix in this beta version here: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s13/sh/92ca3294-b9e1-4ecc-be31-6fac94ec10c1/8a3ac5541250014af5c25055190ae527

If you prefer to continue using the production version you can disable 'Smart Filing' in the options page.

Right click on Web Clipper toolbar icon > options and then find the setting for Smart Filing and set to disabled.

Hope that helps.

• 1 year later...

Hi Larry,

We have a feature called 'Smart Filing' that automatically suggest tags and destination notebook based on your previous clips of similar content. However we have an unfortunate bug that causes the 'freeze' for some user, that you are experiencing.

We have a fix in this beta version here: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s13/sh/92ca3294-b9e1-4ecc-be31-6fac94ec10c1/8a3ac5541250014af5c25055190ae527

If you prefer to continue using the production version you can disable 'Smart Filing' in the options page.

Right click on Web Clipper toolbar icon > options and then find the setting for Smart Filing and set to disabled.

Hope that helps.

Currently (August, 2013) and officially, according to Evernote "Smart Filing" doesn't work, with no time frame to fix.  It now randomly selects which note it wants to put it clipped items into.  The exact response I received was "This issue is still a bug".

Archived