(Archived) HOWTO: Remove HTML markup in note

Hello..

Is there any function either using the application (Windows or Mac) or the mobile apps, that allows you to remove the html formatting from a web clip?

There are times that I have a site or article clip and there are some items I can't remove whether it is a bullet or ordered list. I can't select the last one to remove it from the clipped article.

Was wondering if there is a way to see the HTML or remove it all together.

Thanks

I have attached two screen shots of items I can't get rid of now matter how I select them or try and delete them.

post-88752-0-09972700-1337178580_thumb.p

post-88752-0-95009100-1337178588_thumb.p

• Level 5*

Hi - there's been discussion around here about editing clipped notes which is generally agreed to be a pain. You could try clipping with one of the Evernote browser extensions, using Clearly to strip out unnecessary text or using Clearly to clean up the page, then using the browser clipper to highlight and clip the selected text in Clearly. Or you could convert all or part of the web page to PDF and add comments to the note contianing the PDF(s), or to the PDF(s) themselves. All in all, it's better to clip selectively than to try to clean up a clipped area.

As a possible work-around for anything essential, cutting and pasting the clipped section to Word (or any other HTML compliant word processor) may give you more control over cleaning it up.

Hi - there's been discussion around here about editing clipped notes which is generally agreed to be a pain. You could try clipping with one of the Evernote browser extensions, using Clearly to strip out unnecessary text or using Clearly to clean up the page, then using the browser clipper to highlight and clip the selected text in Clearly. Or you could convert all or part of the web page to PDF and add comments to the note contianing the PDF(s), or to the PDF(s) themselves. All in all, it's better to clip selectively than to try to clean up a clipped area.

As a possible work-around for anything essential, cutting and pasting the clipped section to Word (or any other HTML compliant word processor) may give you more control over cleaning it up.

Thank you for the post. I have been using one of the clip tools. Hadn't tried the MS Word tip. That will be next. Thank you and yes it can be a pain.

Archived