(Archived) HELP: Emailed notes not being sent

asiajason

Idea

I'm trying to send one of my notes by email to a friend. In the evernote 3.1.0 client on mac 10.6.8, I right click a note, select "email " and type in an email address in the dialog. however, the email never gets sent out.

I use gmail. Where does this email get sent through? your servers, or does it have to have a local connector to an email server of mine?

Thanks

3 replies to this idea

It gets sent from Evernote's servers and has no relationship to your email client. How long has this problem been happening? There are occasionally delays in sending out emails, but when that happens, it affects all users and usually only lasts for about a day.

I am having the same problem. It happened for a few days in late May and now it is happening again. I tried to email a note yesterday and it did not go through. I have tried again today and still nothing.

I am on an iPad 2 using Evernote version 4.2.2

Any help or ideas about what is going on?

Thanks.

• Level 5*

I don't have a good answer, but as I understand it, the email originates in your Evernote account and is sent to your recipient(s) via the email account associated with your Evernote account. This is why you receive a "sent" notiication in your sent mail, and the header shows this information. If I am wrong about this, someone please feel free to jump in and correct me!

I would test a few scenarios to troubleshoot the problem. Can you send an email to your Evernote email address (you'll find this in your account information)? Can you email yourself from the Evernote account? What happens if you change the email account associated with your Evernote account (go to the Web client at evernote.com to do this)?

The answers to these questions might help us help you a little more. Also, you might want to start a support ticket (see my signature).

Archived