From inbox to where?

chicoelnino

Ok, so i've created a load of notes either from my phone or from the web which I stick in my "!inbox" notebook to sort out later.

So when I go through my !inbox nb and title/tag the notes, where do I put them them? I'd like to have my inbox empty and fresh but I don't have specific notebooks for all the different notes I've created and I don't want to go creating notebooks for everything? I've 20 notebooks already and I'll be getting rid of most of them over time.

I'd just like to hear what ye folk have to suggest regarding how ye free up your inbox notebook so that its not full of new notes after you tag them.

Thanks!

• Level 5*

In order to have an empty inbox, you need a set of notebooks to move them to. It's really up to you to figure out what that set is, since you'll be the one using them. I have a fairly small set of notebooks that I keep, less than 10, actually, and really 2 or 3 main ones, that are more or less permanent destinations for most notes (Personal, Work, Test). I tend to use tags to categorize notes otherwise; there are other possibilities.

• Level 5*

So when I go through my !inbox nb and title/tag the notes, where do I put them them? I'd like to have my inbox empty and fresh but I don't have specific notebooks for all the different notes I've created and I don't want to go creating notebooks for everything? I've 20 notebooks already and I'll be getting rid of most of them over time.

I'd just like to hear what ye folk have to suggest regarding how ye free up your inbox notebook so that its not full of new notes after you tag them.

Thanks!

For one approach using 3 Notebooks, see Organizing Business.

Archived