(Archived) WANTED: Your Note Templates

• Level 5*

I am looking for note templates.

This is not a request for Evernote to incorporate a template feature, but rather a search for the templates you use for your journals, exercise, research, etc.

I am particularly interested at the moment in tracking my health (workouts, diet, etc.).

Links to shared notes, shared notebooks, or just pasted text would all be appreciated!

Hi GrumpyMonkey,

I don't have such a template, but since finding out about it on here I have a fitbit and can only say what an amazing tool for keeping you more healthy.

I found out my sleep patterns were bad and improved them by monitoring. I worked out how missing just walking the dog in the morning causes problems. You can keep track of what you do on the online site.

Highly recommended.

Oh and this programme is a real eye opener:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01cywtq

Best regards

Chris

Sorry, no templates here, I don't use them in Evernote. I use them in other apps though, I guess, e.g. in Numbers I have a template for planning budget.

But this is what I'm doing in Evernote:

I have a life logging category and then tags such as diet log, excercise log, sleep log, video log, photo log, diary, payments and etc. as sub-categories.

In terms of food:

I'm interested in keeping track of what I eat just to have this data for reference but the only way I can actually keep log of what I eat is to keep it as simple as possible.

Using dedicated apps like cronometer never really worked for me because measuring and weighting my food and etc. is just too much work and I don't even find the detailed analysis of calories and nutrients and etc. actually practically useful anyway. I mean it's interesting as data but at the end of the day I'm still eating whatever I want to and as much or as little as I want to, regardless of the stats

What works for me is to just write down what I ate (without any accurate measurements) or just even take a picture with an iphone and store it Evernote (tagged as "food log"). And that's it.

Then I can just sort those notes by date and review everything.

I find that the food itself isn't all that important but a combination of a food, excercise, sleep and a general diary/video log provides interesting insights sometimes.

Sometimes it's painful to review though. Sometimes I just don't want to know, I guess.

Painful but useful because it helps me to improve.

lol

• Level 5*

Sorry, no templates here, I don't use them in Evernote. I use them in other apps though, I guess, e.g. in Numbers I have a template for planning budget.

But this is what I'm doing in Evernote:

I have a life logging category and then tags such as diet log, excercise log, sleep log, video log, photo log, diary, payments and etc. as sub-categories.

In terms of food:

I'm interested in keeping track of what I eat just to have this data for reference but the only way I can actually keep log of what I eat is to keep it as simple as possible.

Using dedicated apps like cronometer never really worked for me because measuring and weighting my food and etc. is just too much work and I don't even find the detailed analysis of calories and nutrients and etc. actually practically useful anyway. I mean it's interesting as data but at the end of the day I'm still eating whatever I want to and as much or as little as I want to, regardless of the stats

What works for me is to just write down what I ate (without any accurate measurements) or just even take a picture with an iphone and store it Evernote (tagged as "food log"). And that's it.

Then I can just sort those notes by date and review everything.

I find that the food itself isn't all that important but a combination of a food, excercise, sleep and a general diary/video log provides interesting insights sometimes.

Sometimes it's painful to review though. Sometimes I just don't want to know, I guess.

Painful but useful because it helps me to improve.

lol

i feel exactly the same about chronometer, and also use evernote that way. At the moment, my template is pretty simple. Everything goes in my journal. Yesterday's looked like this.

----- SCHEDULE -----

- 1300 Ms. X

- 1400 Ms. Y presentation

- 1630-1830 Ms. Z, talk, 1879 Hall, Room 137

- email Mr. A a copy of my paper.

- email Mr. B about my presentation.

- Need to email Mr. C with my presentation.

--- JOURNAL ---

- Met Mr. C. Talked to him about my project. Need to email him with my presentation.

- Wrote 1,230 words today. Submit final draft of essay tomorrow.

--- CAR ---

120503 / 4083 / 7.739/ 3.69 / 28.61

--- DISSERTATION ---

- see XXX

- see XXX page 19

- see XXX page 33

- don't forget about XXX

--- HEALTH ---

120503 Thursday

------------------------

(1) WORKOUT: None

(2) DIET: One bowl of cereal (honey nut from trader joes), one glass of orange juice with a tablespoon of green vegetable powder, low-fat fig bar from trader joes, one bowl of tofu soup, one bowl of chips, one small chai tea latte, glass of water, one pint of soy milk, one bagel, one pint yogurt, sweet potatoes, green beans, a roll with butter, two pieces of chocolate/cake, a glass of water, a bowl of pita chips, a fig bar, and some dried blueberries.

(3) WEIGHT: Unknown.

(4) CONDITION: Good. No ailments to note.

----- RANDOM CHARACTER CODE -----

- k6LBL5nKam journal

Sometimes I extract the information from different sections and put it together in one note so that I can see it all in one place. Sometimes I don't. Everything is there, I guess, but I am thinking a template would help.

Archived