HELP: Unable to play .wav files within note

kylekrieg

Hopefully someone can help me solve this problem, as the Evernote support team has been trying for 5 days.

I'm unable to play .wav files within the notes on my windows client (4.5.4.6498). I'm running windows vista.

On my Android phone I record a speech to text note and it translates it fine. Evernote then saves the audio as a .wav file on the phone, which then syncs to my windows clients. I attempt to play the file within the note on my windows laptop and Evernote locks the note up. I'm able to jump to another note, create new notes, edit notes, but any note with an audio attachment I can't play until I totally quit Evernote and get back into it. I'm able to play the .wav file on my Android phone with no issues.

I've noticed regular audio notes without speech to text are saved as .amr files. Speech to text files are saved as .wav files.

My default media player is VLC on my home laptop. When I drag the .amr audio note to my desktop, VLC plays it fine. When I drag the .wav file to my desktop VLC plays it correctly. When I right click on the .wav file and say play with Windows Media Player (from my desktop), it throws up an error and says it can't play the file because it doesn't have the correct codec, so I went down the codec route.

I installed the K-lite codec pack thinking that would have the correct codec, with no luck. I've uninstalled and re-installed Windows media player, checked for windows updates with the same issue.

I also have Evernote installed on my work computer (WinXP with 4.5.4.6498), which doesn't have VLC installed. I see the same behavior on my work laptop, as the .wav file is unplayable and locks up Evernote until I restart my whole computer (even worse!!). After dragging the audio .wav file to my desktop rears the same error in windows media player as an "incorrect codec".

Any help would be much appreciated. I love Evernote and this is the only issue I've had in the past 3 years as a premium subscriber.

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same problem. I am using a Galaxy Nexus phone and a Windows 7 ultimate PC. I cannot listen to audio notes on my PC that were created on my phone. My PC is running Evernote 4.5.5.6796. The audio file format is wav.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue.

I record notes (actually using the "Speech - to - Text Note") in Evernote for Android.

But, back on my Windows 7 machine in Evernote for Windows, I click play and the play button turns to a "pause," but, nothing plays. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem. Glad its been posted here.

WORK AROUND: i can get them to play in Windows (7), though sometimes this happens in Evernote and sometimes in an external player. If you right click on the rectangular box thing that should play the recording, and then select OPEN, it will play. Awkward, but it works.

John

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived