(Archived) USB Mic for Audio Notes

dbirrow

Idea

HI:

Is it possible to use a USB mic (like a Blue Snowball) to record audio notes? The built in mic is mediocre and I'd like to record short music files. I realize I could use another program to record the audio with my usb mic and then attach that file, but would like the convienence of not having to export and using only one program. Anybody had any luck?

5 replies to this idea

Thanks for the reply. Where is the Sound Preference pane located? Is that a premium feature?

I am pretty sure mrgoerend means the system sound preference. Evernote will record with whatever mic is set for input there. The easiest way to switch between different input sources is by way of clicking the speaker icon in the menu bar while holding down ⌥.

We save in a format that plays back on as many devices as possible (I believe we cover all the devices we make apps for). Some of the mobile clients can't playback higher quality formats.

We save in a format that plays back on as many devices as possible (I believe we cover all the devices we make apps for). Some of the mobile clients can't playback higher quality formats.

At the threat of hijacking this thread, any ideas on my question here?

Archived