(Archived) Big Question: Migration of 6GB Database

I'd very much like to integrate Evernote into my law practice. I have an existing document database I'd need to migrate. However, as the subject indicates, it's well over the 500MB max monthly upload limit. Does the max upload apply to the initial database creation? Is there any way to pay for additional upload space?

The upload limit only applies to notes in Synchronized notebooks, so you could import everything into a Local notebook initially. The notes that you need to access from multiple computers could be moved into a Synchronized notebook.

We don't have a way (yet) to purchase more quota in a month, but if you sign up for a year of Premium and contact our Technical Support group, they could provide some accommodation for a one-time import.

The bulk of my notebooks will be synced. I'm picturing creating a notebook for each client (currently a file folder). Then, I'll have a set list of tags that will be universal for all notebooks (i.e. Medical Bills; Medical Records; Correspondence; Contracts, etc.).

I'll contact tech support on Monday to discuss how we can accomplish the initial upload.

If I can't work out the synced scenario, and my notebooks remain local, can multiple users access them simultaneously? For instance, can I keep the local database (notebooks) on a server machine and access it from my client desktops?

If I can't work out the synced scenario, and my notebooks remain local, can multiple users access them simultaneously? For instance, can I keep the local database (notebooks) on a server machine and access it from my client desktops?

Not safely, no. You could install the "Portable" utility on a USB drive and carry that with you, but this might not be as helpful for what you want to do.

I'm a Mac user. I don't think you have the portable feature with Mac.

Nonetheless, as you said, it wouldn't work for me anyway.

I'll add a feature request:

Auto Drag and Tag. For instance, if I have a notebook (Smith File) and tag highlighted (Correspondence), I can drag a PDF file(s) to that *tag* and it will automatically tag it as correspondence in the Smith notebook. It seems that now I must drag the file(s) into the notebook and then drag them to a tag.

I'd very much like to integrate Evernote into my law practice. I have an existing document database I'd need to migrate. However, as the subject indicates, it's well over the 500MB max monthly upload limit. Does the max upload apply to the initial database creation? Is there any way to pay for additional upload space?

A few months back, I experimented with some very large database sizes (2 gigs or so and a ton of different notes) and they didn't work very well. Unless this has improved in the beta, you may encounter speed issues.

Edit: On Windows, I should add. For all I know it works great on Mac.

Archived