(Archived) Employee Profiles: Keith Lang

gbarry

Employee Profiles is a regular forum feature that highlights the people behind the products at Evernote. Keith Lang became a part of the Evernote team when Skitch was acquired by Evernote back in August of 2011. We sat down with Keith and, after getting past swooning over his Australian accent, tossed him a few hardball questions.

post-78746-0-43784200-1327002734_thumb.j

Keith Lang

Skitch Guy

Forum Username: klang

Keith, what do you do at Evernote?

Hi! I'm "one of the Skitch guys", technically a Senior Product Designer. I work on the range of Skitch products from Skitch. My job is to work out what Skitch should do, look like and work like.

What is one good thing about working at Evernote? Remember, you’re under oath.

Building stuff that improves the lives of so many millions of people use is a wonderful feeling, and one big reason why Skitch wanted to become a part of Evernote. Also the people here are very cool, and super-talented. It's like a co-working space full of startups, except you're in the same company.

When you are not working, what do you like to do in your spare time?

I like to garden, growing herbs and garlic and blue potatoes. I also like to experiment with realtime computer graphic art. 'Read' (via audio books) lots of books, from biographies to cognitive science. I love long walks on the beach and holding hands.

What do you use Evernote for?

I keep lots of scanned paperwork (think tax stuff, yuck!) in there. But also lots of notes on current projects and screen captures of cool stuff.

Ok, let’s get down to business. What is your favorite food?

Do drinks count? I really like a sweet dessert called "3 colour bean drink", which is traditional in Vietnamese cuisine. It has yellow beans, red beans, green agar agar jelly on ice, with coconut milk. Often some other ingredients too. Very tasty!

Sounds awesome, we’ll have to let Naomi Pilosof know about that one. Where is your hometown?

My hometown is Brisbane, Australia.

Anything else interesting you want users to know about you?

I'm the voice of the pink bear in the Skitch video :)

That is equal parts fantastic and frightening. Thanks for speaking with us today!

Thank you! Always a pleasure.

For users unfamiliar with the Skitch Bear, we’ve reproduced him in all his pink glory below:

http://youtu.be/dWMk5GhBmjM

Archived