(Archived) Evernote web clipper no longer uploading

ofankhau

Hi,

I had the web clipper set to upload to the web account. I had no problem until I uploaded a bigger page. Since then, the web clipper is stuck. Whenever I tried to upload another item, the yellow box with the number of notes to be uploaded just adds another item.

I have tried to remove and reinstall the web clipper, uninstall and reinstall Evernote for Windows, reset all the information for Evernote in about:config in Firefox, as well as deleting all temps files and cleaning the registry. Whatever I do, when the web clipper is reinstalled, it shows me again the same number of items to be uploaded.

The only way I can make the web clipper work is by connecting it to the local Evernote. However, I have noted that the quality of the clippings is not as good as when it is connected via the online Evernote account.

This is really aggravating. I also find the quality of the clippings is generally poor compared to the old Google Notebook. I wish that the Evernote product was more mature. I would even be ready to pay for the service, but not until all these issues are solved.

I am using Evernote with Firefox 8.0 and Windows Vista.

Frank :)

There is an intermittent glitch that can occur with both the Firefox and Chrome web clippers. Workaround is to exit and restart browser when clip fails (ie. clip notification not seen). Re-clip on restart.

Does anyone know what the symptoms are if you reach your upload limit? OP, how much upload capacity do you have left?

This is not an issue about capacity. I still have capacity left. Also closing and opening firefox does not solve the issue (nor uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on; nor cleaning up the cache; nor cleaning the registry; nor removing the main program).

I hate this software, I want Google Note back... Evernote is buggy and there is not much help to solve issues...

Can you post the url of the page that caused the problem to start.

@Evernote: Is there any thing else that needs to be cleaned for a full re-install of the Firefox Windows clipper?

Unfortunately, I don't remember the precise page and anything I tried to add after that just increased the size of the queue.

I can't believe people at Evernote do not know how to get rid of all the information left by their software. I have contacted them directly, and they have not come up with a solution.

This is really aggravating...

@Evernote: Is there any thing else that needs to be cleaned for a full re-install of the Firefox Windows clipper?

Unfortunately, I don't remember the precise page and anything I tried to add after that just increased the size of the queue.

I can't believe people at Evernote do not know how to get rid of all the information left by their software. I have contacted them directly, and they have not come up with a solution.

Really? You can't remember the precise page that is problematic yet you think EN should be able to track this...??? I'm sure it's aggravating. But if the devs can't recreate, they really can't debug effectively.

Really? You can't remember the precise page that is problematic yet you think EN should be able to track this...??? I'm sure it's aggravating. But if the devs can't recreate, they really can't debug effectively.

I didn't notice it until there were several notes in the queue. Also, this seems to be a common issue judging from a search on the Internet.

I am not asking Evernote to find the particular reason it stopped working. I am only asking how to reset everything so that it works again. The software must store the information about the queue somewhere and it must be possible to delete this information.

Given the fact that it is common, Evernote should know how to solve the issue. But it seems from other postings that Evernote has not been very helpful.

Again a nice looking tool and a nice concept... but completely unstable. It shows that again "K.I.S.S.!!!" is the right way to go.

As I said before:

- Exit restart of the browser has always fixed this problem for me in Chrome & Firefox

- Need feedback from Evernote on what else can be causing the problem. I am out of ideas.

I just started having the same problem tonight. Doesn't make difference what page or where you try and clip. It signs in every time (not normal) then opens new window (not a pop up as usual) then when you click on that window it closes. uninstalled, re installed,restarted FF. restarted computer. deleted cookies nothing works. Not to mention I have had trouble staying signed in on all the EN sites tonight

Do you have "Remember me for a week" checked in the Evernote sign in dialog?

yes tried that. It never made a difference before as I usually have Evernote and Evernote web open. Tried un-installing FF and reinstalling and that didn't work either. Evernote was rock solid till the last few months. Now am starting to have all kind of little problems. I thought it was an answer to a prayer at one time. But now its getting annoying and I'm payin for it.

Archived