(Archived) idea: headline formating

andy232

Hi there,

Evernote is great. But I am missing a feature to format text as headlines.

So If I want to create a headline in my note, I have to select the text, click on "bold". I also have to uncheck bold for the following lines.

Evernote has already a dropdown to select the font type and the font size.

Wouldn't it be great if there is a third dropdown containing:

Format

- Headline 1

- Headline 2 (smaller)

- Headline 3 (much smaller)

- Preformatted text

- Normal Text

Greetings, Andy.

YES! it would be great! i mentioned the same thing a few times already this year, and have seen a few other people mentioning it as well.

although i remember one person saying that evernote is not trying to be a full blown word processor so they probably wont ever add a feature like this... but it clearly IS trying to be a full blown word processor since it already has the ability to have bold,italics, fonts size, font colour... and on top of that there is the indentation and text justification.... so i think thats a pretty dumb argument

all we are asking for is a way to combine all the features that are "already there" into some sort of dropdown menu that we will be able to get to a bit quicker than changing the font size and colour each time to make a header, then changing it back to the body text size and colour...

• 1 year later...

YES! it would be great! i mentioned the same thing a few times already this year, and have seen a few other people mentioning it as well.

although i remember one person saying that evernote is not trying to be a full blown word processor so they probably wont ever add a feature like this... but it clearly IS trying to be a full blown word processor since it already has the ability to have bold,italics, fonts size, font colour... and on top of that there is the indentation and text justification.... so i think thats a pretty dumb argument

all we are asking for is a way to combine all the features that are "already there" into some sort of dropdown menu that we will be able to get to a bit quicker than changing the font size and colour each time to make a header, then changing it back to the body text size and colour...

YES! We need this. Full blow text editor or not, I need separate headlines to seperate the different topics within a note. 

• 7 months later...

I want this feature too :)

this has nothing todo with a full-blown word processor.

This is just a shortcut to combine 4 properties which are already there (font, font-size, font-style and font-color).

There are no "real" new features needed... and it would ease formating dramatically.

please give us a dropdown-box with custom formats!

Archived